Cinema6: We are experiencing technical difficulties...

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Cool, they are showing INVOOM w/a scrolling banner at the bottom of the screen. I really like being informed....and I am glad they apologize for the inconvenience and affirm that normal programming will resume as soon as possible.

I was all fired up to watch the movie "1918"...got my wife pumped for it and "NOTHING!"....she thinks I was stupid to switch to V* in the first place so this just makes me feel like a dumba**. Thanks for the "whatever"?. :river

Yep, MONSTERS went away about 8:30Pm Eastern Time (if not before). You would think after THREE HOURS they could offer something besides the same no info scroll and the same stupid promos.

COME ON VOOM, WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?????
GIVE US SOME INFORMATION, WOULD YOU PLEASE??

Wonder if theyre moving the new encoders to all the cinema channels, that or getting ready for the channel rename (its still supposed to happen jan 1 isnt it?)

Well, jagouar, Monsters is not changing. And, making massive technical changes, voluntarily at 8Pm (prime time viewing) is not something likely to happen. Something blew up. I just wish they would give us more information on that stupid crawl...ANYTHING!

Don't know what happened either. Now I am getting no PG information on 101, 103, 104-110, & 129. I do not want to reboot because I may not have PG information on any. Moving this thread to the help desk forum.

Encoder improvements gone awry? Dropped a monkey wrench while making infrastructure improvement to support the DVR? Joe the 2nd shift operator spilled a large coffee and shorted out the system?

Shut Monsters off by MISTAKE??? For 13 hours??? Now the PG seems OK for Monsters, it's showing the same lists for programs today that it did yesterday, but now the programs themselves are not right.

At 11Am ET they were supposed to show TX Chainsaw Massacre, instead it's another Michael Meyers movie. So, I am leaving for the rest of the day and have no idea how to set my hdd recorder as the schedule is all screwed up.

It shouldn't be this difficult.

Yep, same here as no PG for 101, 103-110. I'd guess these are the "new" Cinema 10 channels but haven't compared them with the new listings elsewhere. Why VOOM would decide to do the changes in the middle of prime time is beyond my comprehension (but then many things are).

Still watching HDTV under rainy Seattle skies, Gill

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
it's them changing the channels over is what happened......They shut Monsters off by mistake. That's what VOOM said to me last night on the phone
Any further details? What were they trying to change over before mistakenly whacking MonsterHDs and others?

VOOM needs a better way to communicate these type of across-the-board issues instead of everyone wondering what happened.

Do their stbs support a message feature?