Cinemax penny deal ending??

I can confirm that I received the same letter in March, followed by the reminder on my statement that I would start being charged the next month (April's Statement).

Just got April's Statement and new $0.01 Cinemax penny promotion line item appears with no addt'l charges for Cinemax at full price.

Quick CSR/chat later - found out I am a "privleged" (ha ha) customer and have been re-upped for another year.

Got a screen shot to prove it in case it comes up later.

Woo-hoo!

I must be a "privileged" customer also, because I received my letter back in March, and I'm still getting it for $0.01. Lucky Me!

Not in this case

I'm pretty sure I was billed at the start of the promotion. Besides, doesn't Dish always bill in advance?

This one where they bill it at the end of the period. Mine will run out at the end of this month and I expect to see the penny. Then they will try to charge me the full and I will call and drop it. 2nd yr that I've had it. Thing is I have HBO and if it's on Max it will be on HBO.

Well, I got the letters that everybody else got last year. Yet I still get Cinemax, and I was just charged another penny for it Dec 7th. This promo just goes on, and on, and on! No $13/mo charge has ever appeared on my bill, including this one for December.

My parents and my aunt have had the cinemax for a penny deal for years now. It doesn't even show in the programming online or on their bills ,but they both still get it. Now my free cinemax for a penny ended after a year and I've never got it again.

My parents and my aunt have had the cinemax for a penny deal for years now. It doesn't even show in the programming online or on their bills ,but they both still get it. Now my free cinemax for a penny ended after a year and I've never got it again.

Same here.
Ghpr13:)

Last year I got a letter saying that the cinemax deal was ending. I called in, and because I was a 'good customer' they extended the penny deal for another year (that was my 3rd year with the penny deal). However, a couple of weeks ago I got an automated phone message that said my cinemax deal was ending and to call in, otherwise I would be charged the full regular price. When I called in the only options they gave me were either to pay full price or drop it. Since I never watched it (I watched maybe 4 movies on it in 3 years), I dropped it.

My Noverber 28, 2010 bill has a charge for $0.01 for Cinemax for a penny and no mention of the deal ending.

This is the third $0.01 that I have received, so I guess I'm good for another year since Dish bills up front.

I signed up for HD Absolute in June of 2008 and I think I had HD Absolute before the Cinemax for a penny was added so I have been billed $0.01 three times and only had the promo for 2 years.

Just checked my 11/28/2008 and 11/28/2009 bills, both had the $0.01 charge on them and the 11/28/2009 bill said the Cinemax for a penny was ending, but I still have it today 12/11/2010.

Looks like it's not ending for everyone.

Upon further research, it looks like the Cinemax promo started in December 2007, so I could have had it for three years now, memory is a horrible thing to waste.

Time will tell.

Last edited:
Well, seven months later, I got a letter from Dish today saying my Cinemax for a penny will end August 1, 2011 and it will be removed from my account.

It was good while it lasted, but there is no way I'll continue the subscription, since they forced me off HD Absolute I'm paying $80 per month now.

3 years + was not a bad run.

Well, seven months later, I got a letter from Dish today saying my Cinemax for a penny will end August 1, 2011 and it will be removed from my account.
I got the same letter today. At least now I can finally make changes to my programming, since I have been holding off in fear that any change to my account might cause Dish to remove my free Cinemax.

I too got the letter informing me it goes off the account Aug 1. I did watch it because it was there but I don't see myself paying for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts