Cinemax penny deal ending??

Supposedly Cinemax will be debuting several series that are not just an excuse for soft core sex scenes. This might be the wrong time to drop it but , in the end, I cant keep all these services. More precisely i could but choose not to.

I just got this letter also - the 3rd time I have received it over the past few years. They never took it away before....hopefully I will continue to stay lucky (did I just jinx it?)

Received the "Cinemax" letter today stating that the promo expires August 1st. My December 2010 statement was billed for a penny for one year programming. Shouldn't the expiration be Nov or Dec?

Like everyone else, we received the "We hope you enjoyed your Cinemax programming" letter in the mail. Since Dish said it will disappear on August 1st, I will take a "wait and see" attitude to see if it really goes away this time.

I would rather spend $8/mo for Netflix downloads than $13 for Cinemax. But you can't argue with 1¢/year for multiple movie channels.

My parents and aunt have both had Free Cinemax for years now. NO sign it will ever go away. Me on the other hand, I lost them after one year.

Just got my 2nd Cinemax promo ending. This one is dated 8/1 like the most recent posters.

If/when it actually goes away on 8/1 I will not sign up for it, good while it lasted and worth every penny I have paid the last 3 years but not much more....

Received the "Cinemax" letter today stating that the promo expires August 1st. My December 2010 statement was billed for a penny for one year programming. Shouldn't the expiration be Nov or Dec?

They're planning on refunding the unused portion of your penny :D

I got the same letter; expiring 8/1. Great little addition while it lasted, but no way it's worth keeping at $13/month.

My parents and aunt have both had Free Cinemax for years now. NO sign it will ever go away. Me on the other hand, I lost them after one year.

UPDATE : I received two letters from DISH today about both my parent's and my aunt's accounts, both in my name. Both will have Cinemax cancelled. Looks like DISH read my initial quote and then cut it off. Loose lips sink ships so to speak.

I received this letter today. It was a hell of a deal while it lasted!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I got the letter recently also. I also got one about a year ago. I am just going to leave well enough alone. If it goes away so be it. I am certainly not going to pay $13 for it. If they said I could keep it for $1 a month I might but I would probably say no if they went to two dollars and would certainly say no at $3 as I just do not watch it enough. heck half the time the stuff on it is years old.

How about notifying customers one month early instead of giving customers a letter within 15 days the station will be gone??

This is the 5th time I subscribe additional stations and Dish suddenly drops off a letter saying the station will be gone unless you pay more or other options.

Throw me on the list of receiving a letter also. I will add too though that I have received at least one letter, maybe two, in the past also.

It appears Dish is serious this time though ... I least I have STARZ for a year. STARZ seems to have better movies that Cinemax does. Plus ... STARZ has Torchwood ... what more do I need ;)

The letter arrived in our mailbox also. It does look like they really do mean it this time but that's what I thought after I received some similar letters before. At that time I quickly loaded up a 1tb EHD with all the Cinemax movies I could record but then it didn't go away. I still have a ton of movies recorded so I won't miss it for a long time.

I do remember the last time some folks reporting that they were suddenly getting charged for Cinemax when they thought it was supposed to be canceled so I will be watching my bills for a while.

Add me to the list of letter receivers. I've had the deal for at least 3 years so I can't complain. Surely nothing worth paying very much for on those channels. We'll see if they actually go away Aug. 1st.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts