Cinemax penny deal ending??

Well I never got a letter or email or any kind of notification and Cinemax disappeared from my guide yesterday.

I figured it was because the CC I had on file had expired, and sure enough it looks like I'd been de-enrolled from autopay.

I updated my CC, got myself all good again, and opened up a chat with support. They were able to re-enroll me in the Cinemax deal and I'm all good now!

So some people are still being offered it, while those who signed up originally are losing it? Way to go, Dish! Another irrational way to screw your customers!

I still have it here. My last billing statement said it would be going away. However, the billing statement before that I was charged the penny for an additional year. Based on what I've read here, I'm thinking I got lucky and my deal will only end once my currently charged for year is up.

I still have it here. My last billing statement said it would be going away. However, the billing statement before that I was charged the penny for an additional year. Based on what I've read here, I'm thinking I got lucky and my deal will only end once my currently charged for year is up.

I'm crossing my fingers each day that I am in that same boat.

My 2 years for the penny Cinemax were done in December. I got a letter in October or November that my penny Cinemax was going away, but I figured that was fine because my 2 years were up in December.

December passed and I *still* have Cinemax. Dish didn't even charge me a penny for the 3rd year. I don't know when Cinemax is going away, but it isn't a big deal to me since I DVR at most 1 movie per week.

So, I guess my penny per year Cinemax DID go away...to be replaced by free Cinemax. Dish will eventually figure this out I would think--I'm assuming that I'll lose the channels when the new pricing takes effect on 2/1.

I received a letter a couple of weeks ago stating my Cinemax for a penny was ending in February. I accessed by account online and it contained a note to contact Dish regarding Cinemax. I called Dish last night to cancel Cinemax since I'm going out of town for the next couple of weeks and my promotion was due to end 2-1-10. The CSR told me that the promotion was extended another year and I'd be receiving Cinemax until 2-1-11. I guess the only way to verify this is to see what happens after 2-1-10.

My February bill had it at the normal rate, as the letter I got a while ago said, so I cancelled it via the website. If some people are getting it for another year, I'm going to be pissed.

My current statement has the following section:

View attachment 45572

And then in the line item detail they charge me for it:

View attachment 45573

Clear as mud? Maybe they never charged the .01 for this year yet. Not sure, but Cinemax was still viewable as of this morning.
I never got charged the penny until the very end

so it seems they charged the penny at the end and not upfront.

but i also got charged $12.99 for the next month and it wasn't dropped like it was for most people

My last bill was processed on December 28. I got charged the penny.

On January 4, I received a letter in the mail that Cinemax would be dropped next month.

I e-mailed Dish Network a while back asking them what date exactly Cinemax would be ending for me. They told me they didn't know but also told me that I subscribed to it on January 29, 2008 so I'm leaning towards preemptively taking it down this upcoming January 29th because I don't want to get charged full price for it.

I am not convinced that the penny charge means renewal after reading the thread on this board and the other message board.

I also agree with this because we never got charged a penny for the first year if we are to assume that the penny charge means renewal for another year.

Say what? I've been charged in advance. I was just charged another penny (fro a total of 3 cents) last month, and my Cinemax is still up. No $12.99 charge (or any other price increase) in my Feb bill either.

Yep, sounds like Dish is handling this at least as poorly as they did the Platinum fiasco... There should be a law requiring everything to be available to everyone at the same price.

I lost my Cinemax today or maybe it was yesterday. Ironically my newly posted bill has 1 cent charge on it for Cinemax. Furthermore, I am sure that I didn't subscribe to DISH until early February last year -- so why is E* turning off my Cinemax in January (because I should have over a week left)?

I thought the same thing when I cancelled last Novemeber after getting the letter. They shut it off immediately but I just got my February bill with the $12.99 charge.

They told me they didn't know but also told me that I subscribed to it on January 29, 2008 so I'm leaning towards preemptively taking it down this upcoming January 29th because I don't want to get charged full price for it.

If they dare to charge 12.99, just keep all the letters Dish sent me as prove that they will automatically remove this station.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)