Cinemax penny deal ending??

Wouldn't you know, I got an email from them shortly after I posted the above. DISH is going to turn Cinemax back on for me and extend my promo out to Feb. 10th to make-up for the lost days.

I'm still getting my penny Cinemax, but expect it to be turned off no later than the weekend. My statement -- generated last weekend -- indicated it was already turned off; one DISH chat I had last fall stated it would end January 1, and another chat said January 25. Both of these dates have passed, but I'm watching my account activity closely to make sure they don't begin charging the full rate!

Eric

Mine was cut off first week of January. I had an internet chat last November and clearly stated that when the free sub was over, it was to be cancelled and not charged for it. Well, guess what, my last statement has me charged for it I am not happy having to hassle with customer service to fix this!

Just got a phone call from Dish with a recorded message telling me I'm going to be losing Cinemax for a penny this month.

Also gave me the # to call if I wanted to continue receiving Cinemax at the regular price.

Just wondering how I rated a phone call. :D I'll pass on the Cinemax.

I've had the Cinemax for a penny deal exactly 2 years today.

My bill was also processed yesterday. I saw it today. There was no charge for the Cinemax (last month I was charged one penny).

However, on the bill itself on the left side it says Cinemax has been removed from my account. But when I turn on my TV, it's still there. I also went online and went to programming and I still can't uncheck the Cinemax box and it still says I have the Cinemax for a penny promotion. And nothing is listed under Activity Since Last Statement.

So that's two notifications I've gotten now either saying Cinemax will be removed or it has already been removed but I still have it.

We had the notification on our bill that it would be removed about a month ago, but the next bill had the penny charge on it, and Cinemax was never removed.

However, it was only our first year of Cinemax for a penny, while I believe some people have had it for two years now.

I've received two notices from Dish that I will be loosing Cinemax this month but then on my new bill, I was just charged another penny for the Cinemax deal.

I'm sure not going to call them to get my penny back but if they are not planning to extend my Cinemax for another year then they should not be billing me that way.

I lost my penny deal in January. I called and had them start sending me a paper bill and removed the autopay. If they break there end of the agreement, everyone should go back to a paper bill and cut the autopay.

So how's everyone's Cinemax for a penny deal going?

I got another notification, a 3rd one, through snail mail saying the channels have been taken down and I'd have to reorder it for $12.99 a month if I wanted it back. But I still have the channels and it still says "Cinemax for a penny" on my programming when I log into my account with no additional charge or anything. I've had it now for 2 years and 25 days. 25 days over when it should have been take down.

I bet in 5 days it comes down.;)

Actually you say that, but my new billing period starts in 6 days so if it comes down it might be then.

I'd rather have it then not have it but it's no sweat off my back if they take it down because I have Netflix/Blockbuster Online. I'll probably still keep Autopay/Paperless billing because I don't want to have to spend that extra stamp. I thank Dish Network for giving us a chance at this offer. It's one of the main reasons I think E* is the best pay TV provider out there.

Still getting it here, paid a penny back in December for it. And they sent me at least one letter saying it was going away "this month" (the month the letter was sent, not now)

Funny to me that I had Cinemax for a full two years, received an email and a paper mail confirming it was being pulled off, and then BAM! it was gone. Others have said something similar and they still have it. I received an email months ago about Cinemax being turned off on my second account for my parents and one for my aunt on my third account , and they still have it . Go figure?

My Penny Cinemax was Taken down 0n 2/15/10, the end date of my billing period. Received email and a letter offering a subscription of 12.95 or less if bundled with another premium. My statement on line reflects the change. No phone call needed.

i still have this...

It says "1 Yr Cinemax for a Penny with Autopay Participation". In the programming section online it says "Please call 1-888-884-2741 to change your annual Cinemax for a Penny promotion", but i've just ignored that for a few months. heh

The only thing i did... had to add back paperless billing when the system accidentally removed it from my account. It even generated one paper bill before i caught it. I added it right back as soon as i noticed that it got removed. So far so good.

(not that Cinemax is worth anything, but it's nice to have at least something extra)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)