Cinemax penny deal ending??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just to update, Cinemax does not fall off your bill, per my bill this month:

"Here's the DISH...
We hope you are enjoying your Cinemax programming at the
special promotional price of only a penny a year! This is a
courtesy reminder that your promotional period will expire next
month. Starting with your next billing statement, your account
will reflect the low programming price of $12.99 a month for
Cinemax."

I guess I will call and cancel the first of April.

HBO/Cinemax

You did used to (I mean like 20+ years ago) get HBO/Cinemax together on cable as one premium package. That was before the emergence of numerous HBO and Cinemax channels--most of which show the same movies just shifted to different hours. Heck--a DVR can do that. :)

If you call in and ask for this promotion and you have paperless auto-bill pay, you will get it. It is an expired promotion meaning the agents can no longer pro-actively offer it, but it's still in the system. ;)

I don't know that I ever got a letter (my wife gets the mail), but I've had Cinemax for like 2 years now (and going) for a penny a month. Keep waiting for it to suddenly jump.

I guess they are catching up a little at a time.

Dohhhh! :eek: I may have killed the golden goose myself. I looked at my account online and noticed my autopay and paperless were both canceled. I just canceled this particalar card on Monday (from monoprice fraud issue) and had awful timing as the autopayment was scheduled for 3/13 (Saturday). It had not cleared yet.

I fixed autopay and paperless and tried my luck with live chat - both reg CS and Tech. No dice.

Oh well, I enjoyed it while I had it. :)

Dohhhh! :eek: I may have killed the golden goose myself. I looked at my account online and noticed my autopay and paperless were both canceled. I just canceled this particalar card on Monday (from monoprice fraud issue) and had awful timing as the autopayment was scheduled for 3/13 (Saturday). It had not cleared yet.

I fixed autopay and paperless and tried my luck with live chat - both reg CS and Tech. No dice.

Oh well, I enjoyed it while I had it. :)

Well I too just killed the golden goose. I looked online to find they did not take thier $$ from cc autopay. I called to tell them and they did an instant payment. That knocked me out of the Cinemax deal.

Some kind of crap! They punnish customers who want to make sure Dish gets paid!

Fow whats its worth, my parents were on the welcome package why there were on vacation and at that time cinemax for a penny was going on. I switched them back today to their regular programming and Cinemax for a penny was still on, will be intresting to see if they still get it

I am on the penny a month cinemax deal. I have never even been billed a penny for it. I have not received a letter saying this deal was ending.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts