CIRCUIT CITY IS GOING BYE BYE

Yeah, they are in bankruptcy, but not closing shop. Hope they survive. Always been a CC fan; far better place to shop than BB.

Really? I would have agreed with you even 4 years ago, but for the last couple, I find nothing to recommend them. Poor selection. Sales staff ignores you. Higher prices. Lately feels dirty and unkempt.

Exception - their Verizon store is never crowded and has the same stuff as the real Verizon store. At they real one, they make you wait an hour even if there is nobody in the store :(

Car Companies Folding, DHL folded in Ohio, now CC . . . I know Obama cannot wave a magic wand, but wow, by January will he still want the job???

The main benefit they have in bankruptcy is that they will be able to shed all the leases on the closed locations. They can dump the bad store locations and get out of the leases, something they probably would not have been able to do if they did not file.

The main benefit they have in bankruptcy is that they will be able to shed all the leases on the closed locations. They can dump the bad store locations and get out of the leases, something they probably would not have been able to do if they did not file.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. This is exactly why they filed. Time to break some contracts...

I went to Circuit City yesterday and purchased a Digital Camera from the Camera Department. The camera I wanted was in stock in the display case they had on the floor, they had lots of them.

So I waited in the camera department for almost 15 minutes to pay for it. After I paid for it they didn't give me the camera. He told me I had to go to the pickup counter and get it. I pointed to all the boxes of the same camera in the display case. He told me they were not allowed to open that case.

So I went and waited in the pickup line this time for 25 minutes. When I got to the front they took my receipt and it was another 10 - 15 minutes before the camera came... When they gave me it I told the clerk that this stupid pick up system is a good reason why they will soon be going out of business. The clerk looked up at me and told me next time try shopping across the street.. (which is Best Buy)

I hope the damn company does go out of business.

I went to Circuit City yesterday and purchased a Digital Camera from the Camera Department. The camera I wanted was in stock in the display case they had on the floor, they had lots of them.

So I waited in the camera department for almost 15 minutes to pay for it. After I paid for it they didn't give me the camera. He told me I had to go to the pickup counter and get it. I pointed to all the boxes of the same camera in the display case. He told me they were not allowed to open that case.

So I went and waited in the pickup line this time for 25 minutes. When I got to the front they took my receipt and it was another 10 - 15 minutes before the camera came... When they gave me it I told the clerk that this stupid pick up system is a good reason why they will soon be going out of business. The clerk looked up at me and told me next time try shopping across the street.. (which is Best Buy)

I have always shopped at best buy and Im a rewards zone member. I have never liked CC and they have never done well here. The three stores in my area have all shut down with the last one slated to shut down some time early next year. To me Best Buy has always had better customer service and better deals than CC. I also liked the layout of BB beter.

I agree 100% its stupid.

I was in our local CC yesterday which is closing and the sale prices were not very impressive. They advertised up to 30% off but most of the large stuff I saw was not that. Just 5% to 10%. DVD's were only 15% Computers were only $30 to $50 below what the original price was in most cases. Do the manufactures have some type of say on what they can sell the items at?

I got the cold sholder the other day at Circuit City i asked the salesman a ? about a TV i was thinking of buying and got this answer.

(Well are you going to buy it or not i don't have time to waste if you are just looking)

So i told him don't bother i will just go to Besy Buy and get one from there then he says it is pepole like me that are making them go out of bussiness.

What a joke this company is treating customers that way and then wonder why they are going out of bussiness.

My wife worked at a KMart during their bankruptcy/store closing days. The store she worked at was not in consideration of closing. She recieved many negative comments from ignorant customers who would refer to the other store closings and bankruptcy in a derogative manner. Face it folks...these CSRs are humans who face very challenging times ahead. A little compasion would be much better for them than the antagonistic attitudes of bargain hunters.

I wouldn't buy anything from either Best Buy OR Circuit City. That's electronic shopping for novices.

Anything they sell you can get cheaper from any number of online vendors, tax and shipping free.

Quality help all gone!

Ive only had bad experiences with them down here in south Florida.
Part of the problem is they dont have quality help.

I think it was last year that they fired all their tenured managers and sales people.
They were looking to save money.

Boy did that backfire. I have a store 5 minutes from my house. Ive been in there
wanting to buy a modem. It took 30 minutes to find help. Plus they guy made me feel like i was bothering him.

We have a store kind of like the old ''Nobody beats the wiz'' ( Northeast people should remember the name.
Its called Brandsmart. Its a huge discount electronics store located in Florida.

Prices are great! Sales people are knowledgeable but very aggressive.
I wish there was a middle ground.

Best Buy is very pricey. Great customer service though.

Circuit City is in horrible shape. They have been this way for a long time.

I wont step foot in there again. Pretty sure they dont even care.

I think a lot of what folks report here is a reflection of the commission-based compensation system CC has in place. Salesman don't want to "waste time" helping out with small sales or answering questions for someone who is "just looking". I worked at Radio Shack many years ago and it was commission based. I was a full timer. My net wage was actually lower per hour than part-timers who were only there when the store was busiest. It definitely caused a competitive environment in the wrong direction and led to me and other salesmen developing negative attitudes. (Fortunately after I complained the manager found a way to "level" the field a good bit and that helped considerably.) I don't know how CC's system is set up (like are the commission percentages differenct depending on which dept. an employee has to cover?) but I think there needs to be some serious consideration given to that whole system to change the salespersons' perspective. Maybe they need to go to a strictly non-commission system like BB has...

I think a lot of what folks report here is a reflection of the commission-based compensation system CC has in place. Salesman don't want to "waste time" helping out with small sales or answering questions for someone who is "just looking". I worked at Radio Shack many years ago and it was commission based. I was a full timer. My net wage was actually lower per hour than part-timers who were only there when the store was busiest. It definitely caused a competitive environment in the wrong direction and led to me and other salesmen developing negative attitudes. (Fortunately after I complained the manager found a way to "level" the field a good bit and that helped considerably.) I don't know how CC's system is set up (like are the commission percentages differenct depending on which dept. an employee has to cover?) but I think there needs to be some serious consideration given to that whole system to change the salespersons' perspective. Maybe they need to go to a strictly non-commission system like BB has...

Your on the money! I use to run and work in an Electronics store ( The Wiz ) New York. In the 80s and 90s.

A commisions environment is cut throat. It makes the staff work against each other.

On the other hand the salesperson are apt to sell more. I remember when Insurance ( warranty ) was all the rage. A poor customer was sometimes hit up by three different people to buy the extended service warranty.

That was where the company made a boatload of money.

Salespleople had goals to hit. Excesories, warranties amd volume.
Lots of stress for these guys plus they had to fight off each other.

I personally like commision but if you dont have the right staff\ people it could kill your bussiness.

The manager has to set the right tone.

Non commision is a nice idea but whats the incentive? Salespeple are driven by money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)