Circuit City to Shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so much recently, but over the past several years CC had a great reputation for:

a) price match policy
b) generous returns policy

But, internet shopping pretty much cut CC out of the loop for me.

It was the last straw for me. I tried to return phones about 2 years ago. They died about 35 days after purchase. They refused to take them back after looking up the transaction in the system. Forced me to use the hardware warrantee. I went back once or twice since then and I agree with Scott, old models, bad sales folks, just a store that seemed to be going downhill. Wont miss them as Best Buy is much better. I do 99% of shopping online but at least Best Buy and Staples act as my local outlet.

B&M = more overhead = higher prices
Online = less overhead = lower prices

The trend is going towards online sales.

Ya i kinda liked the store,price was a bit cheaper an BEST BUY , Such i hate BEST BUY !
But o well i knew it coming down anytime soon enough i guess!!But i liked the store! will missed.

I suspect today's CC add in the Sunday paper is the LAST one we'll ever see.

Alas, it wasn't that good. I wonder if they will actually honor the stated sales prices.

Dont think so, from what I have read when it comes to "liquidation" its almost like they are employees of the liquidators and they run shop. It will seem like it should be called the liquidator store as CC does not have much to say, now that they are going out of business

Dont think so, from what I have read when it comes to "liquidation" its almost like they are employees of the liquidators and they run shop. It will seem like it should be called the liquidator store as CC does not have much to say, now that they are going out of business

That's exactly right. The liquidation company gives CC "X" dollars for everything, including fixtures, etc., and then they set pricing, percentages off, schedule of price drops, etc. That's why prices suck until they get close to closing, but by then, too many suckers have bought stuff at 10-20% off FULL RETAIL PRICE(not cheaper than regular sales), and there's not much good product left at 30%+ off.

As far as the ex-CC employees, they get paid by the liquidation company, and they get a small bonus if they stay until the end.

That's exactly right. The liquidation company gives CC "X" dollars for everything, including fixtures, etc., and then they set pricing, percentages off, schedule of price drops, etc. That's why prices suck until they get close to closing, but by then, too many suckers have bought stuff at 10-20% off FULL RETAIL PRICE(not cheaper than regular sales), and there's not much good product left at 30%+ off.

As far as the ex-CC employees, they get paid by the liquidation company, and they get a small bonus if they stay until the end.

I never understood why its like black friday crazyness, when a store goes through liquidation, all for 10% a over priced item

I never understood why its like black friday crazyness, when a store goes through liquidation, all for 10% a over priced item

Yeah, it was crazy. I did get a web-cam that had a previous yellow-clearance tag on it, and got the 10% off of it, so I didn't feel like I had been ripped off. :)

The kid at the register said to me "if we would just do a 10% off sale of everything in the store, we probably could have stayed open!" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)