CITI Field IN SD....?

Thanks . . . nothing like buying a beautiful new stadium . . . my tickets went from $72 --> $106 / seat . . . that was a fun price increase when i goy my bill!

i have a mini plan, but it was about $1800 compared to about $1200 a year ago . . . I am still alive because fiancee thinks there were no price increases . . . hee hee

Thanks . . . nothing like buying a beautiful new stadium . . . my tickets went from $72 --> $106 / seat . . . that was a fun price increase when i goy my bill!

i have a mini plan, but it was about $1800 compared to about $1200 a year ago . . . I am still alive because fiancee thinks there were no price increases . . . hee hee

I'm sure we all look forward to your reviews of the place once you see it in person. I'm especailly intrigued with the Jackie Robinson entrance!

By the way, the Robinson Rotunda has a constant streaming video of his career highlights . . . it is high on the wall (right below ceiling) next to the escalators as you ascend . . . cool feature

By the way, the Robinson Rotunda has a constant streaming video of his career highlights . . . it is high on the wall (right below ceiling) next to the escalators as you ascend . . . cool feature

ROTUNDA!!!! I was banging my head on the desk trying to remember what it actually is called!!!!!:mad:

YES! Photos are a must!

The place is gorgeous........look at those seats behind home plate!

And how about that overhang in the outfield ala' Tiger Stadium. That is gonna be fun to watch this Summer as a runner goes behind the ball trying to catch it only to hear the crowd roar as it's a HR several feet AHEAD of him!!!!!!:eek:

And how about that overhang in the outfield ala' Tiger Stadium. That is gonna be fun to watch this Summer as a runner goes behind the ball trying to catch it only to hear the crowd roar as it's a HR several feet AHEAD of him!!!!!!:eek:

:up:up

2 things:

1. seats behind homeplate are exactly 45' away . . . now thta is close!

2. the overhang is interesting because pop fly balls may be played by a right fielder and all of a sudden . . plunk . . . off the overhang and thus a homerun!

2 things:

1. seats behind homeplate are exactly 45' away . . . now thta is close!

2. the overhang is interesting because pop fly balls may be played by a right fielder and all of a sudden . . plunk . . . off the overhang and thus a homerun!

When they first installed dugout seats @ Dodger Stadium they were (I think) 55 feet away. I sat there a few times and you could hear the conversations between the three men at the plate! Almost too scary. And if you were in the right spot and were able to see thru the mesh screen, you could actually SEE the spin on the ball. Wild!

When they first installed dugout seats @ Dodger Stadium they were (I think) 55 feet away. I sat there a few times and you could hear the conversations between the three men at the plate! Almost too scary. And if you were in the right spot and were able to see thru the mesh screen, you could actually SEE the spin on the ball. Wild!

Wow, what a crowd, you could hear the guy at home plate, nothing happening in this game !!!

Wow, 55 feet away and you might be able to see the game ???

Just playing with ya :D

Jimbo

Wow, what a crowd, you could hear the guy at home plate, nothing happening in this game !!!

Jimbo

LMAO. I saw the highlight on Sportscenter, no one was there.

Jimbo

You actually could hear the ump and players talking. Not all game long and not every word was clear. But you COULD. And as far as MIGHT see, try looking thru mesh at any ball coming at you. If you were at the right angle or in tehn rigth seat you COULD/MIGHT see the spin on the ball. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts