New news on Cutler

JonE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Denver, CO
The Broncos owner has pretty much all but confirmed that they will comply with Cutler's trade demand. Now the question remains, to who, and for what? Detroit for the first pick in the draft and a player? What player?

There are at least a dozen teams interested in acquiring him. Maybe Brady Quinn in a Broncos uniform by opening day.

Earlier there was rumors of Cutler going to the Jets and Brady Quinn going to Denver with Picks going to Cleveland.
Well see if that continues to get floated.

Also, would you STILL take a QB that vehemently stated that he does NOT want to go to Detroit ..... in Detroit ?

All they need is a spoiled QB that doesn't want to be there .... now that's progress for the Lions.

Jimbo

IF your working the Denver/NY Jets/ Browns deal, would you also do the deal if your Denver and get D. Anderson instead of B. Quinn ?

Jimbo

The way Stafford has been performing, Lions may pass on an obviously disgruntled Cutler. The best place for Cutler would be the Bears. Bears stand to gain with a good QB.

The way Stafford has been performing, Lions may pass on an obviously disgruntled Cutler. The best place for Cutler would be the Bears. Bears stand to gain with a good QB.

I got the impression that the Lions were not happy/impressed with Stafords workout yesterday in Detroit, according to reports I heard.

IF your working the Denver/NY Jets/ Browns deal, would you also do the deal if your Denver and get D. Anderson instead of B. Quinn ?

Jimbo

I'm getting some strong vibes about a 3-way trade involving the Broncos, Jets and Browns just as you are Jimbo.

In this scenario, the Browns would acquire draft picks from the Jets and have to give up a QB to Denver. I'm tending to think the Browns want to try and sell Derek Anderson instead of BQ though. Quinn fits everything that Mangini likes in a QB and I still think deep down that BQ is his man for the system he's trying to instill.

Derek Anderson can still be a good QB in this league and would make sense for Denver. He has a rocket arm and is a prototypical deep-ball passer (ala Jay Cutler). The transition would be much smoother for Denver if they get DA over BQ.

Plus, Cleveland can remain happy because we get to keep our born and bred Cleveland boy who has come to save the franchise. :)

Why would he want to play for a team that doesn't really want him in the first place. I wouldn't.

After seeing the way Quinn dismantled our defense last season in the NFLN game, I'd love to see him here. I think that Jets/Browns deal would be more likely to happen, except I would probably include the #5 pick from Cleveland, and maybe even their first and second rounder next year. Teams want Cutler, and Cutler wants to be gone. The Broncos will get their money's worth in this trade.

I don't know about Derek Anderson, there is a reason Quinn took his job.

The way Quinn dismantled our defense last season in the NFLN game, I'd love to see him here. I think that Jets/Browns deal would be more likely to happen, except I would probably include the #5 pick from Cleveland, and maybe even their first and second rounder next year. Teams want Cutler, and Cutler wants to be gone. The Broncos will get their money's worth in this trade.

I don't know about Derek Anderson, there is a reason Quinn took his job.

So let me get this straight. You're saying the Browns would have to not only give up 1 of their 2 starting QB's, but also a #5 overall pick and a top pick next year?!

What's in it for Cleveland?

Here's how I see it:

Broncos get: BQ or DA from Cleveland.
NYJ get: Cutler
Browns get #17 pick (from NYJ) in 2009 draft

If anyone's gonna have to contribute another draft pick (possibly a 2nd rounder next year), it's the NY Jets.

A better QB just as young, if not younger that the current QBs?:confused::eureka

That's considering it's a straight up trade between the Browns and Broncos which won't happen. Mark my words.

The Browns are interested in stocking up on draft picks, not a new QB. Sure Cutler may be better than what we have now, but the fact of the matter is, this team has more holes to worry about than trading away a bunch of draft picks for another QB.

If the Browns are a part of this trade, it will be for draft picks and will most likely involve 3 teams.

There is also word of a Cutler trade for Trent Edwards and the Bills' #1 pick in this years draft. That would put Buffalo in the upper echelon of the AFC East (if not the AFC itself) as long as Cutler and T.O. can keep their mouths shut. :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight. You're saying the Browns would have to not only give up 1 of their 2 starting QB's, but also a #5 overall pick and a top pick next year?!

What's in it for Cleveland?
Knowing the Browns' history of questionable personnel decisions that sounds like something they might just do. Although it makes more sense if instead of the Jets, you include the Redskins who would get Cutler, and the Browns would get Jason Campbell. Then again this is the Browns were talking about here.

I certainly don't expect the Broncos to be any better than a 3-4 win team this year. No matter who/what we get in trade.

There is also word of a Cutler trade for Trent Edwards and the Bills' #1 pick in this years draft. That would put Buffalo in the upper echelon of the AFC East (if not the AFC itself) as long as Cutler and T.O. can keep their mouths shut. :rolleyes:

Knowing the Browns' history of questionable personnel decisions that sounds like something they might just do. Although it makes more sense if instead of the Jets, you include the Redskins who would get Cutler, and the Browns would get Jason Campbell. Then again this is the Browns were talking about here.

I certainly don't expect the Broncos to be any better than a 3-4 win team this year. No matter who/what we get in trade.

You're living in dream land if you think the Browns are just going to forefit draft picks and Brady Quinn for Jason Campbell. That trade makes no sense either.

Like I said, the Browns aren't trading for a new QB. We've got more dire needs on this team right now. If we're involved it will be for draft picks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts