Clash of the Titans

3D? I would hurl...

it was bad enough on the big screen when they quickly panned the sidelines during a game. I had to look away after getting very dizzy (it is not a far stretch for me).

Steve

This is also one of the films that was made "3D" after filming. I hope this 3D aftereffects effort fails, it is just a way studios make more money now because they get a premium on 3D movies.

This is also one of the films that was made "3D" after filming. I hope this 3D aftereffects effort fails, it is just a way studios make more money now because they get a premium on 3D movies.

Not from me they don't. :) I won't pay a penny to see a 3D film. I wish the whole fad would just go away.

The WSJ review rips them a big one for the faux 3D:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...670137074944.html?mod=WSJ_hps_MIDDLEFifthNews

A few more 3-D spectacles like "Clash of the Titans" and audiences will be clamoring for 2-D.

What's wrong with this sad fiasco goes far beyond its visual deficits, but let's start there. The film, a remake of a 1981 action fantasy loosely based on Greek mythology, was shot with conventional cameras, then hastily reprocessed into an approximation of 3-D in the wake of the stunning success of "Avatar." The result is 2.5-D, a murkily virtual virtuality. You get an ambiguous sense of depth at a steep price that includes, but isn't confined to, the box-office surcharge that the studios have begun to impose on such attractions in a sudden frenzy of delusion and greed.

Ok, so I finally had a day off and had time to go and see this movie today.

My thoughts overall is was a good movie, but a horrible remake of clash of the titans, if that makes any sense.

I just think the director wanted to give the fans something new, and people are expecting an updated version of the old movie, with updates to the cgi and such.

So, if you are a big fan of the original, wait for this to come to dvd or w/e so you can turn it off and take it back, and not waste a trip to the movie. Otherwise, go see it and enjoy a pretty good ride.

fyi: i went and saw the 2d version and it looked just fine

I saw this last night in 2D. I am not wasting money seeing 3D.

I liked the movie. I am actually glad it wasn't a pure remake. I was not a big fan of the original. The original graphics were horrid and I never saw it again after seeing it the first time.

I dunno, I saw this Clash of the Titans and it made absolutely no sense. This isn't even a remake. It's another movie with the same Name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts