Lord of the Rings FINALLY given Blu-Ray Release Date

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeah, a lot of people are pissed it's not the extended versions or they arent included/an option, or released at the same time, this is going to just set them up nicely for a double dip.

I'll be waiting for the extended versions myself. Maybe by then they will be bundled with the Hobbit prequels as well...!

yeah, i bet this does not sell as much as tptb think it will. i too, with alot of others will be waiting for the extended version. also what is with the digital copies stuff. im sure most who buy blue have the big fancy tv's and the big fancy speakers so who would want to watch this on a 3' screen??

I have already bought this series twice on DVD (well lets say 1 1/3 times - since I got smart eventually), no way will I buy it twice on Blu-Ray. I have it archived on a Hard drive in HD, so I think I'll wait until they release what I really want - the extended version.

Personally, I have too much on my list to be buying this again.

I made a decision a year or so ago. I am not going to replace stuff that I have on properly mastered DVDs. I have too many laserdiscs (approx 600) that are becoming painful to watch, and upgrading these is my priority. I expect that by the time I get around to LoTR, we will be 3 or 4 editions further along that path.

Watching Laserdiscs these days is kinda like watching SD channels.

yeah, i bet this does not sell as much as tptb think it will. i too, with alot of others will be waiting for the extended version. also what is with the digital copies stuff. im sure most who buy blue have the big fancy tv's and the big fancy speakers so who would want to watch this on a 3' screen??

My wife has taken advantage of most digital copies actually, she has them all loaded onto her laptop/ipod touch.

Yeah, a lot of people are pissed it's not the extended versions or they arent included/an option, or released at the same time, this is going to just set them up nicely for a double dip.

I've never been an "extended version" guy. I want to see it how it was meant to be shown in a theater and don't care about the deleted scenes. Besides, 3 hours a pop is long enough. :)

I don't know if I want the extended version either. The first one was the only one that added anything.

I've never been an "extended version" guy. I want to see it how it was meant to be shown in a theater and don't care about the deleted scenes. Besides, 3 hours a pop is long enough. :)

Actually, the extended versions are the way they were meant to be seen in the theater. Jackson said they were scared people wouldn't sit in the theater that long, so they did the shorter versions for the theater. That's what I read, or heard, after the release of the EEs. In fact, it may be somewhere in the hours of extras, of the EE versions.

ramy said:
I don't know if I want the extended version either. The first one was the only one that added anything.
Not quite........
The Fellowship Of The Ring:
Theatrical - 178 mins.
Extended - 208 mins.
The Two Towers:
Theatrical - 179 mins.
Extended - 223 mins.
Return Of The King:
Theatrical - 200 mins.
Extended - 250 mins.

As you can see, Return Of The King had a good bit more, than the theatrical version. I'll be waiting for the extended versions too, but will probably rent these from Netflix. I love these movies. I wouldn't have cared if they were 10 hrs. each! This set of books (including The Hobbit), are the only ones I've ever read more than once. But, the last time I read them was about 1970-1971. First time was about 1967-1968. Can't wait to see the two Hobbit movies, but it bothers me that Del Toro is director, instead of Jackson. They're bound to have a different look and "feel" to them. May not like them as much as the trilogy..........

Amazon.com has had them up for pre-order for quite some time:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Picture-Theatrical-Editions/dp/B000X9FLKM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1261639024&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Theatrical Editions) [Blu-ray"]404 Looking for Something?[/ame]

Actually, the extended versions are the way they were meant to be seen in the theater. Jackson said they were scared people wouldn't sit in the theater that long, so they did the shorter versions for the theater. That's what I read, or heard, after the release of the EEs. In fact, it may be somewhere in the hours of extras, of the EE versions.

Not quite........
The Fellowship Of The Ring:
Theatrical - 178 mins.
Extended - 208 mins.
The Two Towers:
Theatrical - 179 mins.
Extended - 223 mins.
Return Of The King:
Theatrical - 200 mins.
Extended - 250 mins.

As you can see, Return Of The King had a good bit more, than the theatrical version. I'll be waiting for the extended versions too, but will probably rent these from Netflix. I love these movies. I wouldn't have cared if they were 10 hrs. each! This set of books (including The Hobbit), are the only ones I've ever read more than once. But, the last time I read them was about 1970-1971. First time was about 1967-1968. Can't wait to see the two Hobbit movies, but it bothers me that Del Toro is director, instead of Jackson. They're bound to have a different look and "feel" to them. May not like them as much as the trilogy..........

Amazon.com has had them up for pre-order for quite some time:
Amazon.com: The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Theatrical Editions) [Blu-ray]: Elijah Wood, Viggo Mortensen, Ian McKellen, Peter Jackson: Movies & TV

I meant the first one was the only one that added any real content to the story. The other 2 just added fluff and no substance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts