Classic Game on NFL Replay

This was a CLASSIC game.. I missed an hour, but I just remotely told my DVR to go and record it. Be interesting to see how it handles remote recording after something has already started.

It's the NFL Flims version, not the actual game from FOX, right? Actually, I don't know when but they're going to show the Packers/49ers Wild Card game from 98. The one where T.O. scored the winning touchdown.

Summerall and Madden... Packers vs 49ers from 99... not bad.
Niners and Packers had some classic battles back in the late 90's, but unfortunately the Packers won the majority of them. That's why I don't like watching those games since they remind me of bad memories. That one where T.O. caught the pass in the End Zone to beat them in 98 was so great. Also he got PLOWED by two defenders and he still held on to the ball. The Niners should have won the Super Bowl that year. Their defense was spectacular and Young and Rice were on fire with Garrison Hearst providing running support. Sadly, Hearst going down on the first play of the next game against the Falcons ruined their chances, and then a bad kick by the Vikings helped lead to one of the worst Super Bowls in history.

Cowboys vs Packer's from 95...now

I was watching this last night. This was for the NFC Championship. Summerall and Madden did an awesome job. I now long for the days when those two were in their prime.

On another note, I was surprised at how much the game has changed in just 13 years. The refs were letting some gruesome late hits, facemasks and other hard penalties go. Instead they just let them play without letting it get out of hand. If that game happened today, the game would be stopped every other play for tickey-tack penalties.

My favorite part of that game was when a GB Packer D-lineman went down (here me out), by the result of a cheap block to the back of his knee by a Dallas O-lineman. The Packer went down hard and screamed in pain. You could tell he was hurt, but I think he was more pissed about the cheap shot. When trainers went over to him to help him off the field, this guy screamed at them to leave him alone. The Packer wanted to walk off the field on his own power and not show this Dallas guy that he hurt him. This guy proceeded to shout expletives at the Dallas guy as he walked to the locker room. Now that was a tough SOB! You don't find too many players like that anymore. Back in the day, those were the type of players that ruled the league! The league is soft compared to what it was like just 13 years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)