Classic Rewind

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Does anybody else hate it when SiriusXM hijacks your favorite station for three or four days with a different format and DJs? Normally I listen for 8 to 10 hours a day, but they lose me for three full days when they do this.

Does anybody know the best email address to send comments to SXM?

I suppose it depends on who they turn the station over to as to whether or not I get bent out of shape. If they did a Madonna channel, I'd probably be peeved but if they did a Kansa or Styx channel for a few days, not so much.

Then again, I'm not limited to enjoying one genre.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I suppose it depends on who they turn the station over to as to whether or not I get bent out of shape. If they did a Madonna channel, I'd probably be peeved but if they did a Kansa or Styx channel for a few days, not so much.

Then again, I'm not limited to enjoying one genre.

While we have similar taste in rock, I also love new age and nobody plays that other than SiriusXM on the Spa channel. If they ever got rid of that channel, I would be very pissed.

I hate to tell you this but it's going to be more than a couple of days. More like till the end of the month.

I just roll with it when it happens. I was listening to the the David Bowie channel yesterday afternoon. They were playing a bunch of rare music and interviews.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I hate to tell you this but it's going to be more than a couple of days. More like till the end of the month.

I just roll with it when it happens. I was listening to the the David Bowie channel yesterday afternoon. They were playing a bunch of rare music and interviews.
I think it's Sirius/XM giving the Dj's a break. I too listen to Classic Vinyl and this weekend it's Guns and Roses. So I go to my fall back 60's on 6.:):happydance

While we have similar taste in rock, I also love new age and nobody plays that other than SiriusXM on the Spa channel. If they ever got rid of that channel, I would be very pissed.
Classic Rewind has quite a bit of overlap with other channels and I'd imagine that is why they chose that instead of something like Spa. It is only temporary after all.

This I can't abide. There's no overlap between the music of G&R and the music played on Classic Vinyl.

There's lots of stuff available on Internet radio for free so I'm never at a loss with my Grace Digital Encore+.
I've had XM radio since they started and were selling lifetime packages when they started. I too listen to internet radio on my Encore, I switch each month from XM to internet. :)

There's lots of stuff available on Internet radio for free so I'm never at a loss with my Grace Digital Encore+.

Yeah, I'm listening to Q95 out of Indianpolis since Classic Rewind was hijacked.

Going to miss Pat St. John's show this weekend. In my opinion, that guy is the Vin Scully of the rock genre.

Kristine Stone said yesterday that they'll be back to the usual format on Monday morning. At least for Classic Rewind.
You might be right. The page I was looking at also talked about free streaming until the end of the month. I assumed the "hijacking" as you call it was for the same time frame. I put the two things together but it sounds like they may be separate. My bad.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts