Classic smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

trey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
SC
There's nothing like seeing classic iron do a burnout. A Prius can probably smoke its tires, but it's just not the same, lol.:D

IsabellMontagueBurnout3.jpg

TransAmburnout.jpg

Bird 400

That top one is I believe a 69 or 70 plymouth fury convertable and given that its fully loaded out with 5 adult above average weight passengers says alot about the raw power of the mopar's of that generation.

That top one is I believe a 69 or 70 plymouth fury convertable and given that its fully loaded out with 5 adult above average weight passengers says alot about the raw power of the mopar's of that generation.

The strength of the Chrysler Torqueflite auto is shown by this original 1966 Dodge Polara with 2 barrel 383.:cool:

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=8u0hsCBEhwM"]Polara burnout[/ame]

Chrysler smoke continues courtesy of Jeep.;)

445jeep4x4burnoutpc5.jpg

Polara shared a very and I do mean very similiar build design with the new yorker and new port with only very minor diferences in trim and other bits and pieces but drive trains were almost the same between the readily available 383/413/426/440 depending on the year. Where it differed at would have been the intake system and thats where the new yorker prior to 65 was a true sleep with the cross ram intake that super cooled the air from the carbs wich would be located almost above the inner fender wells for a total of two four barrel carbs. Im drawin a blank if any other mopars had this same configuration but I do know there was atleast two variations of the cross ram intake and the largest of them will easily fetch $2,500 bare with no linkage or hardware what so ever and up to $1,500 broken depending on the condition of the breakage.

I almost forgot about the push button transmission wich also set apart the cbody mopar's.

Last edited:
Polara shared a very and I do mean very similiar build design with the new yorker and new port with only very minor diferences in trim and other bits and pieces but drive trains were almost the same between the readily available 383/413/426/440 depending on the year. Where it differed at would have been the intake system and thats where the new yorker prior to 65 was a true sleep with the cross ram intake that super cooled the air from the carbs wich would be located almost above the inner fender wells for a total of two four barrel carbs. Im drawin a blank if any other mopars had this same configuration but I do know there was atleast two variations of the cross ram intake and the largest of them will easily fetch $2,500 bare with no linkage or hardware what so ever and up to $1,500 broken depending on the condition of the breakage.

I almost forgot about the push button transmission wich also set apart the cbody mopar's.

Multiple carbs were important up to the mid '60s, then the car makers just introduced bigger engines and the single 4 barrel, but before that cars like the GTO could be had with three two barrels and such too.
Push button auto was also on Edsel, briefly, but more often on the various Ramblers on the dash panel. Rambler/AMC is now in the Chrysler family so a Pacer burnout is ok. Same 6 cylinder as a modern Cherokee.:cool:

AMCPacerBurnout-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)