Cleaning up my Fortec Ultra

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

schlever

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Regina, SK
As some of you may know, I'm having a heck of a time getting rid of the :mad:hackware:mad: on my Fortec Ultra that I bought off E-bay a few months back. I've tried numerous times to load the factory bin, with no success. After some research, here's what I have discovered:

1) I have the B75 boot rom installed
2) I believe the unit has been upgraded to a pansat 2700

I'm at a loss as to how to get this box back to a regular, factory firmware Ultra. I've seen some sites that have :mad:hackware:mad: on them to convert it 'back', but they all seem to just be in order to add some new questionable bin onto the box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe the B75 is the pansat excecutive and should work ok with Lifetime Ultra. To load the fortec firmware you will need a third party uploader. The factory uploader wont let you
load firmware because its seeing pansat firmware. Not sure how you change out the boot
rom the factory, its not listed on the fortec site.

The box seems to take the factory software using other loaders, but it seems to reboot before it can be totally written to the rom. When it does this, I get a error message that it was unable to write to the rom message.

Did it powerup and display the splash screen when you got it. If so, sounds like the firmware
your trying to load is bigger than the units flash memory can handle. There may be several
generations of Ultra's around. Sorry don't know much about the fortec units.

Yes it seems to power up to the splash screen before it is able to finish loading the firmware. May have to see if I can find a older version of the software to load onto it.

Yes it seems to power up to the splash screen before it is able to finish loading the firmware. May have to see if I can find a older version of the software to load onto it.

Your best bet is to use a full jtag. The B75 is tough to get rid of using normal serial methods.

look for a factory b75 2700a bin that has been converted for Fortec.

A Pansat 2700 is better than a Fortec Lifetime ultra, the 2700 bins might bind scan quicker as it is overclocked.

Woohoo! Finally back to factory firmware and getting much better signals (I can actually watch Create on AMC3 again on my Fortec!) I was beginning to think I was out of line with the dish, but was getting strong signals on my digiwave box upstairs, and everything was breaking up on the fortec.

Took a few steps to get back to original, including reverting the box back to a Pansat 2500 then reverting back to a Fortec. At least the damn hacker:mad: sites were good to giving me those instructions!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts