Clear Channel Stations Leaving XM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Scott, I appreciate you providing that info. I had inquired many times about that very issue to XM and could not get an answer one way or the other. Unfortunately, that is disappointing to me but so be it. This is a changing world.

Really? I thought CC Was off of SXM YEARS ago. Of course I've always had a Sirius subscription so I never had access to those XM stations.

The channels and programming that I will lose are under the subsidiary brand "Premiere Radio Networks" which Clear Channel is the parent. I am very disappointed of this change - I don't listen to the music channels, Talk was my attraction to becoming an XM sub.

Talk was my main reason for getting XM back in 2001. I went on vacation in Orlando and heard this crazy mid day show called the Monsters of the Midday and I loved it. Then they mentioned that they were going to be on XM so when I got home I got an XM radio and listened to them for years, they are still on in the morning now but not as good as they once were. But I still listen form time to time. This is one show I will be losing when they drop the Extreme XM channel from their lineup.

Goodbye Sixx Sense and Fox Sports,two channels I actually listen to.

Any bitterness in this parting? Might they sign an agreement and return some or all?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Clear Channel sold off all its SiriusXM Stock, thus giving back the control of the spectrum to XM.

I do hope SiriusXM uses the space to put some of the new Internet Channels that went online last week on the satellites... or brings back some old favorites to the satellites such as Cinemagic!

The talk stations were moved to really out-of-the-way channel numbers recently. It's a good thing for the XM network to finally get that "up to 410 kbps" of bandwidth back from Clear Channel.

I wouldn't be too excited about additional channels unless you have one of the newest radios that support hierarchical modulation. SiriusXM calls these "Xtra" channels and are only on certain Chrysler radio units and the Lynx, Edge, and SXV200 vehicle tuners.

I'm going to miss WLTW and Talk Radio myself. I like listening to Dave Ramsey in the afternoon on 246 since there are no local stations that carry his broadcast. Hopefully there will be carried on another channel.

I use XM for work since I drive around a bunch but I have my contract up in November and unless they give me a awesome deal to stay for the next year I'll leave. So far that hasn't been much of a problem when I threaten to leave they transfer me to someone to give me a big discount. I mean the amount they are starting with is insane for what you get, IMO $30 for a year is fair based on even my high usage.

Clear Channel sold off all its SiriusXM Stock, thus giving back the control of the spectrum to XM.

I do hope SiriusXM uses the space to put some of the new Internet Channels that went online last week on the satellites... or brings back some old favorites to the satellites such as Cinemagic!

I hope they finally offer the away feeds of baseball games, next season. I can't stand having to listen to the "other teams feed". Most of them are obnoxious homers.

I heard an announcement that mad dog is getting the Dan Patrick show,which was on Fox.They are also doing live games now,the Yankees and O's were on the other day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts