Clear TV

When I lived in my house I took one of those UHF antennas that is on the back of the Dish receivers and got most of the stations from Minneapolis (29 miles away)...the VHF ones were a no go but the UHF stations worked pretty good.

I geta lot of people who ask me what "over the air" is? Even when i expalin it they give me a blank stare.
In Japan, it's called "Terrestrial". In England, "Freeview".

I also once referred to the local Chanael 50 and he expalined to em that I meant Channel 3 because that is where his cable system places it.
I've always hated that about the local cable company here. It is a throwback to their analog days with little bandwidth and A/B switching. Now that they're all digital, they could change it, but won't. When AT&T introduced Uverse here, they followed Comcast's stupid channel number scheme!!!

The one thing I have always felt Dish did right was the channel numbering. Not just using the proper numbers for local channels. But, also the logical way they group channels by type. Even DirecTV is all over the place, not just Comcast and Uverse. If I ever leave Dish, I will sorely miss that.

I see it comes out to $35 with S&H for two antennas. That's not bad if it gives leaf/blade-like reception.

The FAQ is also pretty accurate, including advice that it only works well up to 25 miles from the broadcast tower, you may need an amp for long cable runs, etc. Plus, a money-back guarantee. (Although, they may make it difficult.)

It looks like something that might be useful for an apartment, garage, shed, RV, etc, where a roof antenna is impractical. Or, just get a leaf/blade from Amazon. They even have their own branded line:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DIFIM36/?tag=satell01-20

heh tried the paperclip theory on my HDTV

3, 6, 21 came in great (90+ percent)....they're on RF33, 19 and 17
27 came in OK (lower power than the ones above)..RF27

8 & 10 I had signal but it did cut in and out every now and them. They are on RF8 & 10

8 & 10 I had signal but it did cut in and out every now and them. They are on RF8 & 10

Yeah for the .1 cent antenna working... Surely a 2 for $25 antenna can beat it!

Did you straighten out the paper clip for best VHF reception?

I'll stick with my HBU22...works much better than any indoor antenna :)
That's a nice one. Reasonably priced. And, good VHF.
I use an Antennas Direct DB4, which gets great UHF and surprisingly good high VHF. And, I will be adding a Winegard HD-6010 for FM, as soon as I get off my ass and up on the ladder, which should help VHF even further. (My local NBC broadcasts on RF12, which isn't too bad. But, ABC broadcasts on RF 7.)

That's a nice one. Reasonably priced. And, good VHF.
agreed. When I was in Minneapolis in the apartment I had it in the walk in closet and it worked fine (Minneapolis stations were 29 miles away)
couple pics
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...th-good-VHF-Hi-coverage?p=3314889#post3314889

then upgraded to a 8 bay and a separate VHF antenna
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...th-good-VHF-Hi-coverage?p=3417756#post3417756

But now I'm in Duluth so the HBU22 works fine for the 6 stations here.

Attachments

• Radar-All.png
    Radar-All.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 154
To dredge up an oldish thread...

We can't keep this on the shelf at work. We started carrying it a month ago for $14.99, same price as the RCA rabbit ears we sell. Our clientele buy a LOT of ASOTV stuff.

Perhaps I should test them side-by-side?

When you see the woman ask the people in the mall gets me to laugh. I would like to be there have her as ask me to tell the difference. If she asked me what I use to get tv I would say ota antenna and fta satellite system beat that. My mom asked me about it I said what your watching that infomercial on is better than what they are trying to sell.

I just had to try it since we had so many at work (and I can repackage it without ruining the box and return it).

It's a very thin PCB square (about 7 3/4") with a couple of suction cups on the back. It flexes fairly easily. It comes with two screws to let you put it on your wall, no stand of any kind. The wire is approx. 2 meters, and SKINNY. The wire including the black coating is around the same as 10-gauge wire. The F-connector isn't completely terrible, and screwed into my TV easily.

As far as performance goes, it's certainly not bad if you're near a major city. Straight to the TV, it gets all the Hartford area channels with 80-100 quality on my TV's antenna meter. This is much better than a straightened paper clip, which pulled channels in at 30-70. Not a blip of the Springfield or New Haven channels. I put it on my frankendish in place of the bow tie and it worked as well as the bow tie. No better or worse than the single bow tie, at around 6x the cost of a bow tie at Cables and Connectors (local shop).

Now that I've tested it, it'll be going back to Walgreens so we can sell it to people who don't know any better and only want Hartford channels. Hopefully they can do without ABC since that's New Haven or Springfield. I know people like pictures here, but I don't want to waste my time or your bandwidth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts