Clear TV

That infomercial is on Channel 6, that I watch every morning when I get up at about 3:15, it is hilarious, just found this thread about it. I can't get over the fact it makes OTA sound like something new.

:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm
BjXYTJSIAAAl1T3.jpg:medium

This is my favorite part!

Reactions: Jason S
I was at the gym early Saturday morning and this infomercial happened to be on the TV in front of the treadmill I was using. Yes they are misleading people with this add but it's not all bad. Even if people are misinformed about antenna technology this infomercial might open their eyes to the possibility of using OTA instead of cable.

I mentioned in another thread that I recently had friends over to watch a Lions game. One of my friends thought the TiVo Roamio interface looked cool and asked me what cable provider I had because they wanted to get one. They were all surprised when I told them I don't have cable and that we were watching free TV from an antenna.

They were surprised that you could get great looking HD picture with an antenna. They acted like they would have expected some fuzzy old analog signal. They were also surprised that you could use good equipment like a TiVo with it to keep DVR and guide features.

Oh my god this is funny

So I was watching "Operacion Repo" from Telemundo (yeah I know...I dont speak Spanish but still). Anywho I see the commercial (the 1 minute one) for "Clear TV" but its in Spanish. Different guy as the pitchman but the other shots are hilarious. ITS THE SAME PEOPLE!!!

Just the programming on the TV changes to make it look more "Hispanic"
-Telenova programming (or whatever those soaps are called) when the lady plugs the antenna into the TV and turns it on
-Mariachi band when she changes the channel
-instead of Football, its futbol ;) (soccer). Funny thing is they just show some random action and the 3 guys are high fiving that (at least the football one the guy looks like he got a 1st down)

I can use one of those since I'm so close to the towers.....but would rather go with a "gaudy old antenna"
Yeah a HBU22...all of 5 feet long :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)