Clemens LOOKED and sounded guilty after "60 Minutes" interview...

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I was so looking forward to this and this guy bobbed-and-weaved like Muhuammed Ali rope-a-doping all over the place. Case in point, Mike Wallace asked what should happen to those caught, he says:

"I think it's a self-inflicted penalty. They break down quick. It's a quick fix. They're in and out of the game."

Basically stating, if he gets caught, then he should not get any punishment. NOT like Curt Shilling who stated they they should be stripped of any awards and asterisk(*) should be placed on any of there records.

Then there was the question of whether he would take a lie-detector test, he said:

Some say they're good. Some say they're not. Do whatever," Clemens says.

"So as far as you're concerned, you would conceivably?" Wallace asks.

"Yeah. I don't know if they're good or bad," Clemens replies.

"Were you to pass a lie detector test, would that help prove that you’re telling the truth and help restore?" Wallace asks.

"Would it?" Clemens says.

Can you say Rafael Palmiero ALL OVER AGAIN??!! What a F**ING loser! LOL

And now he files a defamation suit....

This should be good, NOW he has to state all of his claims sworn in!

(CBS/AP) On the same day his interview about alleged steroid use was broadcast on "60 Minutes," Roger Clemens beat Brian McNamee to court, filing a defamation suit against the former trainer who claimed to have injected him with performance-enhancing drugs.

Clemens filed the suit Sunday night in Harris County District Court in Texas, listing 15 alleged statements McNamee made to the baseball drug investigator George Mitchell. Clemens claimed the statement were "untrue and defamatory."

"According to McNamee, he originally made his allegations to federal authorities after being threatened with criminal prosecution if he didn't implicate Clemens," according to the 14-page petition, obtained early Monday by The Associated Press.

The suit, first reported by the Houston Chronicle, states that when McNamee told others that when he first was interviewed by federal law enforcement last June, he denied Clemens had used steroids or human growth hormone. The suit quotes McNamee as saying he was pressured by Assistant U.S. Attorney Matthew Parrella and IRS Special Agent Jeff Novitzky - key members of the BALCO prosecution - to implicate Clemens. The suit did not attribute where the quote from McNamee was obtained.

"After this exchange, and for the first time in his life, McNamee stated that he had injected Clemens with steroids in 1998, 2000 and 2001," the suit said. "Following his recantation, McNamee has relayed that he magically went from a `target' in a federal criminal drug investigation to a mere `witness,' so long as he continued to `toe the line."'

Roger Clemens Files Defamation Suit, Sues Ex-Trainer Who Claimed To Have Injected Star Pitcher With Performance-Enhancing Drugs - CBS News

Cleverly scripted phone call recording just played on ESPN. Clearly scripted to blame Mitchell Report and clear Clemens. Far too convenient and both were probably advised about what they coudnt say........ :rolleyes:

cmon, clemens lied just like the rest of them. i don't think there are any athletes right now who know how to tell the truth!

Cleverly scripted phone call recording just played on ESPN. Clearly scripted to blame Mitchell Report and clear Clemens. Far too convenient and both were probably advised about what they coudnt say........ :rolleyes:

That was last Fridays tape and Yes I am sure attornies for both gave them the key words to use.

Jimbo

Just like Barry Bonds. I believe him. Plus I don't see the big flippin' deal! Just as Clemens said it doesn't make you be able to hit or throw that baseball. That's talent, and that's all i care about.

doesn't matter at all to me, it's thier life they are shortining.

Jimbo

I still don't believe Clemens. Now they're going to use the court system to twist and spin this, and the taxpayers will get to fit the bill. Too bad MLB doesn't have a commissioner with some balls. I'm feeling sick too.

I still don't believe Clemens. Now they're going to use the court system to twist and spin this, and the taxpayers will get to fit the bill. Too bad MLB doesn't have a commissioner with some balls. I'm feeling sick too.

ALL that is to avoid talking to the issue of lying to the grand jury. IT would be nice to have a BASEBALL commissioner and not a puppet for the owners.

I just excerpts of the phone conversation between Clemens and McNamee. What a joke. I think Clemens comes off even worse after that exchange. This is just sad, the best pitcher (Clemens) and the best hitter (Bonds) of the current generation are frauds. Prove it isn't so guys. Otherwise you've lost me.

All of this makes me happy to be a lifelong "Pirate" fan. You just know none of those guys are taking steroids - they're too bad. :D I wonder if Dave Parker or Pops ever took any perfomance enhancers in their day?

Let's Go Bucs!!!

All of this makes me happy to be a lifelong "Pirate" fan. You just know none of those guys are taking steroids - they're too bad. :D I wonder if Dave Parker or Pops ever took any perfomance enhancers in their day?

Let's Go Bucs!!!

LMAO! That reminds of a quote I saw regarding drug testing in the PGA - I'm paraphrasing - "Tiger said he will be the first in line when they start testing for steroids, if he passes, what would be the point of testing the others?"

I just excerpts of the phone conversation between Clemens and McNamee. What a joke. I think Clemens comes off even worse after that exchange. This is just sad, the best pitcher (Clemens) and the best hitter (Bonds) of the current generation are frauds. Prove it isn't so guys. Otherwise you've lost me.
Has anybody medically proved and documented that steroids enhance or improve or increase hand eye coordination?
Thank you

I'm no expert in the field of steroids. Do they enhance or improve or increase hand eye coordination? I doubt it, but like I said, I'm no expert. I'll make a couple of observations, though. There sure have been some ridiculous HR numbers the last decade, most notably Bonds hitting 73 Hr's at the age of 39, and there also seems to be a lot more players in their 40's. I'll throw this back at you - if there is no benefit from steroids or HGH, why are so many players using them? The damaging effect to their bodies is well documented, so why risk your health for something that doesn't have any competitive benefits?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts