Click click click click click

jrmy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Iowa
That's all I hear from my 922 for the last few weeks. Playback sometimes freezes up momentarily as well. Obviously the hard drive's days may be numbered.

Is there a list of compatible hard drives somewhere? I found one for the 722s but not the 922.

I'm more of a do-it-yourselfer, but will send it in if I have no alternative. I have an owned unit, however, so the cost might be similar by the time I added the protection plan.

PS: several months ago I ignored the naysayers here and upgraded from the 722k. Absolutely love the 922 and other than this, things have been smooth sailing :)

Check the internal fan to make sure it is still working. It is very quiet but you should hear something. I got a replacement 922 that I heard the clicking sounds and it turned out the fan was not working.

That's all I hear from my 922 for the last few weeks. Playback sometimes freezes up momentarily as well. Obviously the hard drive's days may be numbered.

Is there a list of compatible hard drives somewhere? I found one for the 722s but not the 922.

I'm more of a do-it-yourselfer, but will send it in if I have no alternative. I have an owned unit, however, so the cost might be similar by the time I added the protection plan.

PS: several months ago I ignored the naysayers here and upgraded from the 722k. Absolutely love the 922 and other than this, things have been smooth sailing :)

If you send me your phone number or account number, I can get you details on a replacement 922

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)