CLOSED CAPTION on 135W?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

T4Runner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2010
37.0N 119.5W California
Using a MicroHD and CC feature is always turned on as I love that feature. However, I have never been able to figure out why the BLOOMBERG channel CC is always garbled? Anyone else experience this?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thought someone would have responded by now, so, it look as if you're the only one.
My S9, although it has 'the button', the feature is inop.

Got trees blocking that one for me.

Yes, I really like the closed caption feature on the MicroHD, but the closed caption on the Bloomberg channel has always been garbled for me too.

Garbled here also. I turned off the CC on the microHD and used my old CRT TV on the composite output. The TV's internal CC decoder also displayed garbled text. Turned the CC on the microHD back on, and both CC decoders displayed the exact same errors.

Tried it on the X2 into the CRT TV, but apparently the X2 doesn't pass on CC.

Several channels are transmitted with EIA-708 type captioning but defined as EIA-608 in the table. Not sure if this is one of them.

A few channels that carry CC, but follow the ATSC protocol instead of DVB are the 99w VI/PR mux (ABC/NBC) and the 3ABN network channels. The downlinks pick the PIDs from the Transport Streams and place directly on ATSC modulators.

If you use TSReader, the CC tables are displayed and you will observe the way the tables are built incorrectly for DVB STBs.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)