Closed Captioning Not working in Firmware Version 009 / 010

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
After upgrading the software downloads, on 9. and later 10. verson and I lost Closed Captioning can you fix this little error by uploading 11. verson..... Thanks!!!:)

After upgrading the software downloads, on 9. and later 10. verson and I lost Closed Captioning can you fix this little error by uploading 11. verson..... Thanks!!!:)

CC is working fine here on the latest version. It was working fine on .9 too.

Closed Caption is working on both versions 009 and 010. Watching LPB2 with CC as I type. :D

Remember that CC can only be activated when you are on a channel carrying Closed Captioning. Note that the Channel Banner now shows the CC icon when the channel is broadcasting a CC PID.

Note that the Channel Banner now shows the CC icon when the channel is broadcasting a CC PID.
or the channel banner doesn't show a CC incon when there is closed captioning anyway! ;)
I went to my friend's house today with the spec analyzer so we could store all the sat positions quickly (and let him blind scam 'em later on his own time as he messes with the receiver). I remembered this post and said let's go to LPB and show you something cool! programmed in SES-2 Ku, manually entered LPB info, and went right to the HD channel. I said this new Aug23 firmware I loaded up on his receiver a few minutes ago will have a feature of a "CC" icon to indicate there should be closed captioning info. I pulled up the info screen and pointed to where the "CC" icon should be and said look at that!!!! (oops! it wasn't there!!!) I said if there were CC available, you can access it and pushed the CC button on the remote. I saw one CC stream, selected it, and lo and behold there was CC rolling on the screen! I couldn't explain why this channel had CC as promised in this post yet there was no CC icon on the info screen.

We will look at the LPB channel data and see what is different.

Please post any channels that are displaying CC without a CC icon on the Channel Banner. We will analyze the signal. It is possible that the broadcaster is not flagging the CC in the table.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)