CM 4228HD Vs WG 8800.

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Read on a review site Channel Master has shipped its manufacturing to China and the resulting product isnt as good as it once was.
Currently have a 4228HD poiting south (towards are 70miles away). Going to add a 2nd antenna and aim her north (UHF towers being 50miles away).

Am on the fence if I should forgo getting another 4228HD (new one likely made in China) and get a Wineguard 8800 (simillar price) instead. Anyone have experience with the 8800É. Reviews Ive read for the 8800 are quite good with several praising the workmanship on it.

Cheers, K

My experience was with the old CM4228 so it really dosen't apply but you have chosen 2 manufacturers each with over 50 years experience. They have stayed in business because they made good products, I would say flip a coin they both should work at 50 miles. If push came to shove I would go with Winegard only because Andews bought out channel master a few years before Channel Master went to Chinese manufacturing and saved the brand.

Like boba, my experience is with the old 4228. According to antennahacks.com, it looks like the new 4228HD still outperforms the HD-8800, especially in Hi-VHF. They even claim the new 4228HD outperforms the old 4228 in Hi-VHF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)