CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I get my main news off Facebook (in the feed) and on SatelliteGuys. I figure if it was big enough news it would get posted to both. Once in a while I will watch the news.
Everything I know about the rocket that blew up over Va, came from this very thread I beleive it was. Lol. Satelliteguys, more useful then CNN. Scott, you should start a news network!

You are part of the problem. You are a collaborator!

We are all brothers in this fight against tyranny. The tyrannical corporate overlords that distribute the entertainment have us over their knees and they want to punish us. They use the entertainment to control us. They want higher rates until we start to bleed money. If we give in now, we'll become perpetual victims. There is a wise ancient Native American saying, "When they took away AMC, I said nothing. When they took away FX, I did not raise a voice. When they took away TCM, I did utter a defense. But when they took away ESPN, there was no one left to defend my personal preference... they all had switched to Directv."

We must fight! Never give up! Never Surrender! NEVER SURRENDER!!!!

FREEDOM!!!!!!

Ya know what bud? I totally agree! Corporations suck and I'm the one who has bitched the longest and loudest about it. I'm paying $110 a month for about 12 channels. I started keeping track in 1984 when cable companies first started the tier bullsh1t with MTV and Discovery and they knew that's what everyone wanted. So they stuck it in the top tier to charge everyone the most money. My fight started about 1970, how long have you been on Earth? What I learned in that time is that no one cares or they are too chicken to say anything (we were taught not to draw attention).

My wife can tell you about a dozen times a week that I complain that Americans are idiots for the ridiculous prices they pay for stupid sh1t, and I'm coming from 43 years in manufacturing and watching doofs pay triple for the exact same thing everyone else gets, except it has an extra button on it (so they think they are getting something special... they are not). We used to laugh our at asses off at complaints.

You're preaching to the choir my freind. ;)

I signed up for Dish 1 month ago. It sucks. First the Turner channels are gone, yes CNN is bad but I watched it, but even worse is what happened to my regional sports network.

I bought the regional sports network almost solely to watch the Timberwolves (insert joke here). On opening day I checked the listings and it said the Wolves game would be on my RSN (fsn). I sat down to watch it, turned on the TV and blank, nada. As it turns out fsn and Dish are in a contract dispute (surprise!). Half of the Timberwolves games are not even being aired including the season opener, home opener and premium games. Very frustrating. So I cancelled my RSN. Bad business model. Regret switching from Directv to Dish.

It is the only channel I miss, but I have over 200 movies recorded from TCM, so it is holding me over.
Exactly where I'm at. I watch(ed) TCM more than any other single channel, Turner or otherwise, and now fortunately I have my EHD's to fall back on. And some of the movies I recorded from TCM are ones I haven't seen yet.

Exactly where I'm at. I watch(ed) TCM more than any other single channel, Turner or otherwise, and now fortunately I have my EHD's to fall back on. And some of the movies I recorded from TCM are ones I haven't seen yet.

This is also the main channel I watch and DVR of those lost to this conflict..... I would have scheduled 6 movies planned this week alone (running premiere's of Silent Movies this month) :wtf

Very disappointed , I do have FXM (SD) and GeTv, RTV, Retro to fall back on. I also have a ton's of movies DVR'd to fall back upon. I will survive :sorrow. After all the recent disputes ....AMC etc., this is the first dispute that affected me. In fact of all the Turner channels, TCM would be the only one in my top 5 viewed channels .

I do hope this gets resolved sssoooooooonnnn !!

Steve

Reactions: space86
I wasn't saying they made as much as their old job. What happened is they lost their job and started looking for new jobs. The new jobs had starting pay that were similar to getting unemployment. This person decided that if he could make a similar amount of money collecting unemployment then he might as well just sit at home instead of working. What these types of people don't think about is insurance, retirement plans and other benefits that come from a job. I think the person didn't actually have to worry about insurance either because of some Hawkeye Plan.

I think I was tired or something. Oh well.

This dispute is going into week 3 now... yet no resolution.
I think I will cancel my service before my next month bill starts by Nov 10th.
No choice but going back to cable temporarily... I need CNN/TCM/Cartoon Network.

Reactions: kozmo104
What's funny, is looks like DTV may lose AMC at the end of the year. How pissed will all those people be that switched?

Reactions: Yespage
All the ones that just switched over because of the Turner dispute. How much you want to bet they will say "but I only watch AMC"

How does one need a TV channel ?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Well, if one enjoys programs offered by a certain channel, it would stand to reason that they need said channel to watch said program.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts