CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's what the "terse" joint press release seemed to imply to me. They didn't announce a new contract, only that the channels are being restored and tnt/tbs are being extended.
Well at least they're back, for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprises me that Dish would agree to an expire date that gives Turner maximum leverage (March Madness). Potential for maximum ugly in the Spring.

How much you wanna bet we are having this same discussion about a blackout the night before this expires?

i wonder if they will add the ondemand channels for turner next that will be great also.

Thereeee back!!!

Damn... I wasn't missing them at all and was hoping to get more discounts out of Dish cause of them being gone after my current ones run out.

Edit: wait this is for several months!! WOOO *rolls eyes* I would just they take them off and Dish stick to their guns and not give discounts to anyone really...just a few dollars cut off the bill would be fine.

does anyone think that dish will be adding all the turner channels video ondemand next?

Allen

While the deal to make those nets available to Dish subscribers is temporary – sources familiar with both companies said the extension is for several months and will extend into 2015 -- perhaps the biggest benefit of the extension is that it will avoid a blackout of TNT and TBS, whose contracts were expected to expire on Dec. 5.

multichannel.com

with the return of the channels that were pulled and the avoiding a blackout, i wonder if a long term deal with be reached by the time the short term deal ends. i hope so.

now Dish can put full focus on settling with CBS to get a new long term deal in place and NBCUniversal to keep the Comcast SportNet RSNs in the markets affected.

First question now is will they reach a deal before the NCAA Tournament? I told my wife that I will buy cable during the tournament if Turner pulls the channels during March. I will not be without March Madness.

However, I will not switch permanently.

Second question - Is there a way to update the program guide beyond two shows or do I just have to wait?

Is there a way to update the program guide beyond two shows or do I just have to wait?
Just wait.... On older receivers -- I am presuming you have a Hopper -- you could arrow-right on that channel in the guide and kinda "force" it to pull more guide data. I don't think this works on the Hopper.

Just wait.... On older receivers -- I am presuming you have a Hopper -- you could arrow-right on that channel in the guide and kinda "force" it to pull more guide data. I don't think this works on the Hopper.

Doesn't work on the hopper. Right now on TCM, it says "DISH" for all but the current and next movie.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)