CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
i think he meant news that isn't 100% republican propaganda (Fox News and the Blaze or NewsMaxTV) or 100% Democrat propaganda (MSNBC) or a news that is Russian propaganda (RT) or from a channel that's run by a international news network that's claim to fame was airing terrorist videos from Osama Bin Laden (Al-Jazeera America)

anyway, at this time of the early morning, i'm watching CNN as they are airing a live simulcast of CNN-International's worldwide news coverage

plus it feels good to actually watch Adult Swim on Cartoon Network again too. i missed that channel bad too, CNN and Adult Swim were my most watch channels of the channels that went dark on Dish.

plus now i no longer have to worry about losing access to new episodes of Conan on TBS for now.
Um, there are a lot of independents on Fox News and a lot of Libertarians on TheBlaze. Some liberals too. Just goes to show you you don't even watch the channel. Rupert Murdoch is a Libertarian and very few on Fox News have stated they're Republicans. Sean Hannity is a registered conservative, not Republican.

While I'm happy to see CNN back, there is nothing exciting about them anymore. I wish they would start a new "CNN Documentary" or "World Food Network" channel and move "Parts Unknown", "The Sixties", "This is life with Lisa Lang" .... others, to this new channel with unlimited reruns. They could then do what they should have done all along - report real world news! Maybe they could then fill up with CNN International and the old format HLN in those slots. Perhaps CNN could use some tutoring from BBC News? I got used to watching Al Jazeera which felt more "news like" even with SD broadcasts.

Since they are back. Maybe it's best to close the thread before it turns to politics.

Then throw this thread into "THE PIT"
I like CNN, the closest thing to "LIVE NEWS" on Dish @ the present time. Personally I am really tired of politics and talking heads. IE: MSNBC & FOX

Reactions: Jim S.
I am very happy that TCM is back. I spent this evening going through the guide to figure out which movies I am going to record.

As for CNN and HLN - I don't care.

Reactions: soaphauler
My wife is happy to have them restored,to a much lesser extent so am I.

To those saying don't come crying when we get a price increse,gimmie a freaking break!There will be a price increase regardless of Turner Networks.The one positive that I see,Dish only has so much wiggle room for an increase,hikes like we have seen in the past 2 years and they will catch or surpass dtv.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I would have dropped Dish already but considering I like the Hopper I didn't want to drop Dish too soon and then see Dish and Turner Networks come to an agreement a few days later. If TNT and TBS would have been pulled from Dish that would have signaled this would be a long time dispute lasting many months. It would have made no sense to continuing subscribing to Dish network with that many channels I watch most of the time gone. I already changed to a lower tier channel package subscription because I'm not paying an extra 30 bucks for non existent channels.

i

I think I know the answer to this, but did Dish finally strike a deal for CNN International when they made up with Turner?

DISH did NOT come to a deal with Turner. They just agreed to turn them on again and resume talking. I am hearing they could go dark again in February if a new deal is not made by then. So the answer to this question would be no.

Reactions: jansan
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)