CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We are missing Boomerang and CN (mainly for Tom & Jerry...got Blurays and DVDs though). We do watch Forensic Files on HLN and CNN (mostly repeats though...ugh). If you watch Forensic Files, check your local affiliates as it is in syndication. Unfortunately, our local affiliate airs it early mornings only on the weekends. Some affiliates air it weekdays. We like TCM due to the older movies when they do air and without having commercials. We quit watching Tru TV when it quit airing Forensic Files. Forensic Files is also on Netflix. The barker channel is annoying on 175-177 and MSNBC being back to back on 200, 202, and 209.

It was a great idea but I was number 55 in que and over 2 hour wait I am not waiting 2 hours I am not going to beg to sign a 2 yr contract just to upgrade my machine
Did you select Customer Service or New Sales Support? I bet the new sales support could help you and the queue would be shorter.

I started at 74 in queue and after 5 minutes I'm down to 33, so it isn't taking as long as estimated.

I said that because I know what he is thinking. They are all one of a kind.
Broad brushes must be on sale at Home Depot this week.
CNN actually has a pretty reasonable story on their website about this. They did suggest that digital distribution rights are the core of the issue too.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/21/media/turner-dish-network-dispute/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
article said:
For example, Dish wants to launch a cable-like TV service via the Internet, and CNN would be a valuable channel to have for it.
:oldlaugh

Yeah, TCM is the only one here I would miss honestly . . . but of course we all have a different one off the list we like probably . .

I just called and got a 6 month credit of $10/mo. I told them I don't want the same discounted premium package I've been refusing. I said I wasn't going to pay the same I did yesterday for less channels today. I'm not under contract.

Edit: Alerted my CNN watching wife at work. She has it on sat radio, told her to get her fix coming home. Not looKing forward to telling my 11 yr old. I think she watches one of those.

Elections are 2 weeks away, so it entirely possible that CNN will be unavailable for one of its most important nights of the year. I think those lost viewers will hurt CNN much more than they hurt Dish, since Dish customers can simply turn to any number of other news channels to get their election coverage.

Elections are 2 weeks away, so it entirely possible that CNN will be unavailable for one of its most important nights of the year. I think those lost viewers will hurt CNN much more than they hurt Dish, since Dish customers can simply turn to any number of other news channels to get their election coverage.

I'd go online before watching coverage on MSNBC or Fox News.

Oh, and when I called Dish today the csr said that Turner pulled their channels on ALL carriers. SMH

Before the hopper..VIP series went up a couple bucks..DVR prices were insane for second unit ..you really need to do some research..check the archives of this site

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
To quote prices from years prior is irrelevant to that topic at hand. The truth is that the year dish increased the dvr fee, it went from $6 to $7 where it has remained. Same with the second dvr duo receiver cost. The year they locked prices, the only increases you saw throughout the 2 years was the hopper fee, the pro plan I beleive it was, and HBO.
That said, I would offer the same advice back to you. Unless you would like to live in a world where there are no increases on anything, not even gas, water, cigarettes or electricity. Dish is the only bad man and did absolutely nothing to try and help their customer base out.

To quote prices from years prior is irrelevant to that topic at hand. The truth is that the year dish increased the dvr fee, it went from $6 to $7 where it has remained. Same with the second dvr duo receiver cost. The year they locked prices, the only increases you saw throughout the 2 years was the hopper fee, the pro plan I beleive it was, and HBO.
That said, I would offer the same advice back to you. Unless you would like to live in a world where there are no increases on anything, not even gas, water, cigarettes or electricity. Dish is the only bad man and did absolutely nothing to try and help their customer base out.
Uhhh..you brought up they froze prices..$17 is a steep hike

The $17 was done long long before the price freeze. It went form I beleive $5 or $7 to $17 for the second receiver. And he's that was a large hike, but was online with everyone else and long before the freeze.

I'd go online before watching coverage on MSNBC or Fox News.
I typically go straight to the BOEs myself.

Oh, and when I called Dish today the csr said that Turner pulled their channels on ALL carriers. SMH
Well, that was just a plain stupid decision by Turner. ;)

Aren't CSR's at least warned about what has happened before they start their shifts so they don't have to make up stuff as they go?

"The Turner Networks got ebola'd and are in quarantine!"

Uhhh..you brought up they froze prices..$17 is a steep hike
Hardware prices are in addition to DVR fees..1st DVR free..second u bend over for..it was for people who had 2 DVRs..second was 10 or so..went to 17..211 went from 6. To 7..it was a huge increase..of course programming costs were frozen

They probably got a 3 min meeting before shift to talk about it. When things like this happened they want all hands on deck and will update them via intranet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)