CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I typically go straight to the BOEs myself.

Well, that was just a plain stupid decision by Turner. ;)

Aren't CSR's at least warned about what has happened before they start their shifts so they don't have to make up stuff as they go?

"The Turner Networks got ebola'd and are in quarantine!"

The CSR was wrong and trying to get across their new mantra of switching isn't the answer, all providers have these disputes, which has been pointed out as being disingenuous on their part.

Indy, you want to know a secret. CNN joined our platoon while I was in Iraq. We were on a normal patrol, and they told us to shoot down the roads to make it look like simething was going on. This was to make it look like they were "in the midst of the action". Lost a lot of respect that day

Chad, I am certain even in Hell, there may be moments of boredom. Thank you for your service.

They should at lease feed the HD MSNBC , I'm getting sd on 200 with no guide data. I dont have msnbc in my package.

I think we have a disconnect in timelines here Juan. This all happened LONG before the freeze. I am talking about the 2/1/2011 freeze. Those increases to the receiver fees happened long before the freeze took place. If it was more than 6 months, then it does not apply to this prt of the conversation. All providers had an increase similar to that on their equipment. The old ways are gone. Unfortunately, accept it, or move on. They were still cheaper then everyone else, and STILL froze their prices. Do not confuse necessary business increases to just raising rates cause they fee like it. If they hadn't made the move WELL PrIOR, there would be a good chance it would have put them out of business. Then you couldn't complain about them. And I don't know what you would have left.

Thanks. It was quite some time back. Now I am just doing my time back in school, a free man. Lol. Thank you for the support though.

Reactions: thechaz05
None of that changes the fact that Dish annual programming increases typically were $2-$3...in 2011 before the price freeze, the package prices went up $5, which at the time was 2 years worth of increases.

I too noticed CNN MIA, is this similar to the infamous AMC/Mad Men deal a while back? Surely Dish will not be without one of the premier news stations in the world.....

I too noticed CNN MIA, is this similar to the infamous AMC/Mad Men deal a while back?
No, most Turner owned channels are off due to an expired contract that has yet to be renewed. The AMC deal was a completely different scenario.

Is there a grace penalty to cancel Dish Network? I am sure my girlfriend is going to be asking about cancelling because of issues with Frontier getting them to come out, Suddenlink making it difficult to get the number ported due to the influx of calls they are getting for cancellations, and these dropped channels.

I see that they have a script for what they tell people in this outage event. The funny thing is they say you shouldnt switch providers because of this yet that is why we are with them to begin with lol. I personally want to keep Dish and think they will get it resolved soon and don't see the girlfriend paying a lot of money for early termination.

No, most Turner owned channels are off due to an expired contract that has yet to be renewed. The AMC deal was a completely different scenario.
Not to be overly optimistic...but these things generally are worked out, stay tuned. CNN is to big a deal for either company to walk away from, IMO...

That was word-for-word in my chat session. The CSR just pressed a button.

And to top it off they're going to increase package by the end of this month, of course no one is surprised by that at least in this forum, but this sudden removal with no warning ahead of time is.

Claude. Did you forget dish locking prices... For two years? They are the only company to EVER for that

Yea, I remember that. They did lock their prices, but then went ahead and started playing games with how they bill the additional outlet and DVR Fees.

I had (6) 722's on my account with Americas everything pack. With the phone line connected, and the everything pack I got it down to $7 per receiver with no DVR fee.

After their price restructure, it was now $17 per receiver. My rate increased $50

Reactions: Juan
Status
Please reply by conversation.