CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just talked to a CSR via chat (waited about 12 minutes). First they tried to give me $5 off for 3 months. I pushed back and then I got it for 6 months. I guess its something.

Ok well I got $10 off for 6months and Showtime and Cinemax free for 6months considering I already sub to Starz. That will work for me.
Helps to be a customer of nearly 14 years too.

Reactions: TheKrell
Ok well I got $10 off for 6months and Showtime and Cinemax free for 6months considering I already sub to Starz. That will work for me.
Helps to be a customer of nearly 14 years too.
How did you get that? I wonder if I should contact Dish again and "demand" that.

MSNBC is just like Fox News, except for liberals. Can't believe a word on either of those channels as they are sooooo biased. If you watch both you can usually find the truth in the middle.
That must be why FOX News is watched more than CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, and CBS news combined.

I chatted and got $5 for 6 months. Maybe could have pushed for more but I'm a terrible haggler. If there's one thing I've learned here it's that when the big guys are squeezing each other, get in there and squeeze a few pennies back for yourself. And don't wait. They could settle this tomorrow, but you'll still save thirty bucks.

If nothing else, it just paid for Redzone since $30 about what I will be paying for Multi-sport for the football season.

We need to quit pointing fingers about all of our American news channels having some bias. Any reasonably informed person knows ALL of them have some slant, but I will admit Fox News is probably the most brazen in either inventing "facts" or conveniently forgetting them to somehow validate their points. LOL I mean come on. When your own people (politics-wise) are uncomfortable appearing on there, you have a serious reputation problem. MSNBC may as well give every anchor a set of blue pom poms for all the Democratic banter they have.

If you're fast, you can delete your borderline-politics post. ;) BTW - Al Sharpton is... Oh, nevermind.

We watch a lot of these channels and will miss them. But I support Dish in all this, these channels show commercials, they need to gain more viewers and extract money from the advertisers, not us.

I will surely miss Rosemary Church's exploding blouse every night on CNNi :baby

Lol!!! I don't beleive in delete. Ask for forgiveness before wishing for a blessing, ya know.

I think it was just taken out of your hands. ;)

OK, back on topic. I'm on chat right now and 93 in queue. :(

They had no right? They probably had no right to keep the channels up without an extension of the agreement. The fact that there was no lead-in to this dispute lends me to believe this happened suddenly, and that expectations were that the deal was going to get done in time. From CNN's own admission, the digital transfer rights are what is holding it up.
From what I understand now... this was a surprise for DISH. Turner demanded they remove the channels. DISH didn't have a warning so they couldn't get us a warning. Any warning given would have been only an hour or two before the channels were pulled. And most were in bed by then.

Well, Scott, the least they could do is send you a quick email. ;)

Edited to add: down to 5th in the queue. That was faster than expected.

On the chat for 10 minutes and they won't give me squat! Grrr. What do I have to do? Threaten to leave?

Well, that was fast. No sooner did I post that above than they first gave me $5 off for 3, and then to "mollify my wife" raised it to $5 off for 6. :D

Oh no! I have lost CNN affiliates CBC, CTV, BBC, RTV, Al Jazeera and others (sarcasm here). Seriously, do they think they have any involvement with Canada's government broadcaster (or any other) .

Only noticed a problem when looking at their web page...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)