CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
hmm
We are disappointed in the aggressive nature of the comments from Dish Network, particularly given the fact that Dish agreed to our rates and carriage proposals weeks ago. We were supportive of the Dish OTT effort and had found common ground on the major issues there. While there were clearly deal points to get done, they were not the type you would usually go dark over. So it is still unclear to us exactly what this dispute is about. We've been told our networks were taken down because we would not move an expiration date later in the year.

Other top 5 distributors have signed up for what Dish has walked away from. The value of the Turner news, entertainment, kids and young adult brands and content are reflected in the leadership positions they hold across the media landscape. That includes 5 of the top 30 cable networks. So we honestly have no idea what Dish was talking about yesterday.

We've had a long-term relationship with Dish that has been good for both of us. That's one of the reasons we agreed to multiple extensions during this negotiation process and have worked diligently to address their issues. We stayed at the table even after Dish removed our networks from their service and we’re hopeful we can get a deal done in the near future.
https://pressroom.turner.com/us/turner-corporate-us/turner-broadcasting-responds-dish-comments

this dispute still isn't getting resolved, i'm surprise Dish hasn't enter another lawsuit, which i have a feeling one is coming from Turner if the dispute is not resolved in the next 2 months.

Sue them for what? There's no contract breach when there is no contract.

I was curious about that too? What would you sue for? This has honestly been the quietest channel dispute I have seen with Dish. No one in my area has cared about the loss of these channels. I see it getting much, much worse if they drop TBS and TNT though.

Reactions: jbrelish
It looks like Charlie is having the final word if they negotiate a deal or not
I would leave it to programming and accounting experts in negotiation process

That's like corporate don't approve of things even though everybody likes the idea.
In all reality, it's usually the accountants that cause the problems.

Way off, hardly Tampa, I said $3 to $7 saving, for my family thats exactly right.....

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Had you said that I wouldn't have replied as I did . You did not say your family, or your particular circumstance, what you said was
My way of thinking, Dish customers should see more than a paltry $3 to $7 saving over dtv.

So I gave facts, I posted the savings of $19 a month for me, and Sam-Gordon now realizes he is saving $15 a month over Direct TV. The fact is it is easy to get those savings if you don't have to have the Hopper with Joeys. I am getting no special discounts that I am throwing in, it's a straight comparison to Direct TV.

i think so also if it is only that this is holding up a deal i hope this will get settled quick do you guys think that dish has more advantage over turner

this dispute still isn't getting resolved, i'm surprise Dish hasn't enter another lawsuit, which i have a feeling one is coming from Turner if the dispute is not resolved in the next 2 months.

There is no contract, DISH does not even have to negotiate they can simply decide to no longer carry those channels. Exactly what Direct TV did with TWC.

Good article. If it really is over the cost of CNN Turner is going to have to blink I think.
I don't think it's about the cost of CNN per se.

It's that CNN is the flagship of this bundle, and Turner is gambling that the loss of CNN will be enough for customers to put serious pressure on Dish.

The reality, though is that CNN isn't the must have it used to be. Dish is gambling the loss of viewers is going to hurt Turner more than the lack of channels hurts Dish.

I don't think it's about the cost of CNN per se.

It's that CNN is the flagship of this bundle, and Turner is gambling that the loss of CNN will be enough for customers to put serious pressure on Dish.

The reality, though is that CNN isn't the must have it used to be. Dish is gambling the loss of viewers is going to hurt Turner more than the lack of channels hurts Dish.

I'm guessing that Dish is right on this one, though I'd rather have CNN than MSNBC personally. We'll see. Losing TBS/TNT would be a bigger loss.

I think he has a fair amount of business savvy and can handle it....
More like strong arm negotiation tactics(if there's negotiation being done) Drop in price or we'll drop you
Maybe a strategic one to see who will catch the bait, or they want their eggs in one basket(TNT &TBS deal also when the contract expires) Or maybe sending a message to other content providers that are thinking of raising their fees

But what good does that do? You're still paying for it especially if there's another price hike around the corner

Just another reason the rich is screwing the poor, And this also applies to Directv.

Reactions: foghorn2
Really didn't think the dispute with Turner would last this long. Really missing CNN and HLN and the other channels.

Does anyone have any insight as to when this "dispute" will end.....besides "soon"

I just don't understand why DISH does not drop prices. I bet they could drop $15 or more off for the poor or for everyone.

I think that DISH should drop all the Turner channels and then announce a price decrease publicly that they did so in advertisements. Although I wonder just how much they are paying for these channels in the first place? Would there be any significant decrease if they did so?

Reactions: foghorn2
I think that DISH should drop all the Turner channels and then announce a price decrease publicly that they did so in advertisements. Although I wonder just how much they are paying for these channels in the first place? Would there be any significant decrease if they did so?
Probably not. Even if the drop in Turner costs amounted to $2 less, the new Disney contract probably increased rates by $5.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)