CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think that DISH should drop all the Turner channels and then announce a price decrease publicly that they did so in advertisements. Although I wonder just how much they are paying for these channels in the first place? Would there be any significant decrease if they did so?
It probably wouldn't make a difference in price if that happened.

No (at least no one here)

This is no different than the dispute with Disney. We will all know when there is something to be announced. It's not like it's a secret that we're only telling a few members. When something is know you will see a nice big announcement on the home page here for everyone to see. Scott is always on top of these types of things.

Probably not. Even if the drop in Turner costs amounted to $2 less, the new Disney contract probably increased rates by $5.
Not to mention the upcoming CBS contract. One rung up...then two down.

I mentioned it before that I no longer "watch" CNN or any of the news channels unless there's something going on. This morning reminded me why too - I turned it on (I do still tune to "200" from habit when I want national or global news) and it was four people chit-chatting, laughing, drinking coffee. I don't remember what they were even talking about. The next two channels up were ALJ and Blaze, neither of which were in HD, so I moved on. Then it was FOX Business, I think, and had Imus. I gave up.... So much for catching any "news".

CNN is known widely has the most popular news channel for people that don't watch the news regularly.

CNN is known widely has the most popular news channel for people that don't watch the news regularly.

And people that don't watch the news regularly probably don't care if they have this channel or not. I would be one of those people you are talking about and I don't care that it's gone.

Reactions: skyviewmark
Really didn't think the dispute with Turner would last this long. Really missing CNN and HLN and the other channels.

Does anyone have any insight as to when this "dispute" will end.....besides "soon"

I don't even think they are negotiating now. Dish is waiting for the TBS/TNT contracts to expire in a few weeks.

And people that don't watch the news regularly probably don't care if they have this channel or not. I would be one of those people you are talking about and I don't care that it's gone.
I agree, it would be the first one they turned too but as you pointed out they will just find another.

I guess the lawsuits against Dish and ESPN deal, are probably factors in what they can or cannot do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I watched CNN Headline News once in a while. Even losing TBS and TNT is not a deal breaker for me. Don't watch those channels. I had a feeling that these channels would be gone for a while, at least until the TBS/TNT contract came due. If those channels end up being removed as well then I am curious what channels Dish will put on in their place long-term or what they will do to make up for it.

I watched CNN Headline News once in a while. Even losing TBS and TNT is not a deal breaker for me. Don't watch those channels. I had a feeling that these channels would be gone for a while, at least until the TBS/TNT contract came due. If those channels end up being removed as well then I am curious what channels Dish will put on in their place long-term or what they will do to make up for it.
I could see FXX replacing TBS and maybe FX replacing TNT. I don't want it to come to that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could see FXX replacing TBS and maybe FX replacing TNT. I don't want it to come to that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only way that would be acceptable is if you don't watch the original programming on TBS/TNT. For incessant reruns of older OTA shows, any of them would serve OK.

I wouldn't want TBS/TNT off as I do watch at least some of their original stuff.

i want this to come to a agreement quickly are dish waiting for the tbs and tnt contract to expire?

Everything we say will just be speculation Alan. None of us have that inside information, but if anyone did, it would be Scott, and he would have posted about it already.

i know chad it would be nice to know what is going on between dish and turner

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts