CNN HD Is here, Now LIVE!

This in fact seems to support my theory. They are reluctant to add the most sought after HD channels because they will also have to add them in the HD-Only pack, which will cause a lot of people to downgrade from AT packs, and therefore lose profit.

So they will only add those that will agree to lower the fees they charge, for the purpose of the HD-Only pack of course, this way Charlie can afford to sell this HD-Only package.

My speculation is CNN struck a deal with Charlie to his liking first, so this one gets on first.
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Regardless of the number of SciFi fans that populate the forums, CNN is a much more useful channel to the general public, and I'm sure Charlie is paying their full worth (of course Charlie IS a Democrat :D).

I flipped it on over lunch and immediately realized that the reporter they have on the stock exchange floor should not under any circumstances ever be filmed in HD.

This channel is pretty bad until the evening hours. Lame daytime talent.

Thats is totally illogical. We all know that Spock is a Green. He even bleeds it. But then that would make all red-blooded Americans commies. :D

Actually:

Vulcans are pacifists by and large, a condition that is dictated by their logical tendencies. The government on present day Vulcan is a representative democracy, whose three branches are "hr'Mnah'te" (the proposal group), the "hr'Breish'te" (the rectification group) and the "hr'Kash'te" (the expunging group). Vulcan government tends towards laissez faire, and the law system is designed to make laws easier to rescind than implement. For an intensely logical race, the Vulcans do have a very firm spiritual belief. Though there is no one unifying religion, the Vulcans believe in the katra, the soul and consciousness of a person, which is transferred psionically just prior to death. Vulcan beliefs are monotheistic because the presence of a creator is stressed in their ideals. The spiritual leader of Vulcans is a high-priestess who presides over the homeworld.

So what's actually in HD on this station? I heard all the studio shots were HD and remote shots SD. "CNN Newsroom" is SD right now even in the studio.

ETA: Should have done some research first, from wikipedia: Since not all CNN studios and news gathering cameras are HD-capable, only shows based out of CNN's New York City studios such as American Morning, Lou Dobbs Tonight, Anderson Cooper 360 and Your Money are in HD.

During the Super Tuesday election results, they mentioned that additional info was on the right and left of the screen. Seems odd that they don't have HD for the Situation Room (in Atlanta?) with all their silly TVs and stuff, it might be useful.

I don't watch CNN that often, but whenever I do they have guests from both sides of the spectrum. I'm not sure where the claim that they don't comes from.

I agree with those who don't mind the news in SD, but see where the HD-only subscribers would have a problem.

must weigh in on this one, i can't believe they would put a cfr controled so called news station in hd before sci-fi and usa. un believeable.
would like to express my concern in a civil way to charles. might i get his e-mail from someone. regards i would like this e-mail to go to him not to india or china or central manilia...

I flipped it on over lunch and immediately realized that the reporter they have on the stock exchange floor should not under any circumstances ever be filmed in HD.

This channel is pretty bad until the evening hours. Lame daytime talent.

I guess that Carrie lee is off today. And if that si tour criteria I woul not mind seeing Betty Nguyen, Zain Verjee and quitea few others in HD.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Regardless of the number of SciFi fans that populate the forums, CNN is a much more useful channel to the general public, and I'm sure Charlie is paying their full worth (of course Charlie IS a Democrat :D).

Actually he contributes to both parties and is pretty friendly with John MCCain.

Actually:

Vulcans are pacifists by and large, a condition that is dictated by their logical tendencies. The government on present day Vulcan is a representative democracy, whose three branches are "hr'Mnah'te" (the proposal group), the "hr'Breish'te" (the rectification group) and the "hr'Kash'te" (the expunging group). Vulcan government tends towards laissez faire, and the law system is designed to make laws easier to rescind than implement. For an intensely logical race, the Vulcans do have a very firm spiritual belief. Though there is no one unifying religion, the Vulcans believe in the katra, the soul and consciousness of a person, which is transferred psionically just prior to death. Vulcan beliefs are monotheistic because the presence of a creator is stressed in their ideals. The spiritual leader of Vulcans is a high-priestess who presides over the homeworld.

My comment on Mr. Spock being a communist was not made to offend all Vulcans. I understand that almost all Vulcans are pacific and democratic beings. That said. I do stand by my first comment, that Spock is a communist.

I don't necessarily disagree with your second part, but the first part, are you kidding? Very few complaints have been ever registered for not carrying CNN-HD, the opposite is true, everywhere you read people want ScifiHD and USAHD.

The fact CNN may be more popular than Scifi in strict viewers's term (I don't know only say so for argument sake), I have yet talked to one news junkie who cared about HD much yet, but if you talk to a sports or Scifi fan, you bet he is more likely into the HD thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)