CNX Carbon HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here is a c/p from another forum...
----------------------------------
7/22/08
I just talked to my rep at Conax and they told me that the receiver is not working like they had hoped and they have pushed the release date back and that the release date is UNKNOWN at this time. He also told me that they have asked their dealers to Not Take Pre Orders, but that some dealers are doing it any way.

They do not know if the receiver will do 4:2:2.
--------------------------------------------

"We are now be taking pre-orders, please be patient with the wait time...they are now delayed 1-2 months as of August 8th. We advise you to order at your earliest convenience in order to get preferential shipping when the units arrive. Specifications also subject to change"

This is the latest I have seen on the release. Notice 'specifications subject to change". You can almost bet the first thing will be no 4:2:2.

six of one, half-dozen of the other ...

Delivery of the Brooklyn Bridge may take an act of war, and be quite expensive.

But at least the bridge exists... and works... :up

Have read about it. Looked interesting so I looked around and read some more. First I read that they had a big delay because they had to go back and install fans in them. Then I read that they were having problems with some "extra-curricular" functions and that as that brand was said to be working very closely with their little pirate team that was a major stumbling block for them. Actually read that while some pirates will see a function addition or improvement in the factory firmware and then add it to their file, CNX was supposed to be the opposite with the innovations appearing in the pirate crap first or at the same time.

But I digress. Thieves of any kind burn me up I guess. Last thing I read was that it was not on an indefinite hiatus. Also read that that brand was working with another fta receiver brand that was infamous for being able to be hooked up to the internet to pirate pay tv so who knows if the company will even be around in a year.

I never read anywhere that the CNX hd receiver was expected to be capable of 4:2:2. It seems that only the Quali-TV brand can do that. If only it could blind scan too it would surely be the best high definition receiver out there. There are some current hd receivers that can blind scan but none of them have 4:2:2. :(

Unfortunately, the eye patch gang has little to no use for 4:2:2 capability (which is probably why we don't see it on most consumer-level receivers).

Unfortunately, the eye patch gang has little to no use for 4:2:2 capability (which is probably why we don't see it on most consumer-level receivers).

I was going to say that but Tron has it correct. Think about it. The current format of E* transport streams will ultimately decide how these receivers are built. This is an unfortunate factor. Quali-TV (the makers of) have at least realized what we non-pirates like to do and see. Now, if Quali-TV could ease up on the price and add S2, MPEG 4, and blind scan it would be nice but that is a blindscanner's dream. Looks as if those computer cards are a good route for 4:2:2 material if the money is a problem.

Start building your HTPCs now! That is the best box one will EVER have. As long as a few of our guys can find S2 material on the BLSAs and specturm analyzers as such, the word can get around and we can input the info.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)