CNX Duo setup.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobbyac

Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
Hi everyone,

I had a few questions about the CNX Duo LNB setup. I have a 31" winegard with a Invacom Quad Polar LNBF and SG-2100 H-H motor. The receiver came with a 4 input/ 1 output DiSEqC 2.0 switch.

In the satellite setup menu there is:

Satellite: (for now I'm lining up with Gal 10R 123W)
DiSEqC: set for 2 (I believe it's for the switch)
TP Freq: not sure what to do with that but it seems to scan all transponders for the satellite
LNB: I have it set for universal 2. This I'm not sure what to put.
22 Khz tone: off
Multi Dish switch: off (what is this for?)

Would appreciate any advice on what settings I should have.

Another question is when using a satellite finder, where should I connect it, between the motor and receiver, or between the motor and the switch?

Thanks for your help!

There is a wiring diagram in the FTA FAQ section, titled something like Switches Simplified.
That doesn't tell you how to set your receiver, however.

If you hook one C (circular) output of the Invacom to diseqc switch port #1, and one L (linear) output to diseqc switch port #2, then ...

Satellite: (for now I'm lining up with Gal 10R 123W) sounds good
DiSEqC: set for 2 (I believe it's for the switch) sounds good
TP Freq: not sure what to do Set it to a transponder of your choice for initial aiming
LNB: I have it set for universal 2. This should be STANDARD since your LO = 10750
22 Khz tone: off sounds good
Multi Dish switch: off (what is this for?) Multiswitch? Off sounds good to me. :)

Another question is when using a satellite finder, where should I connect it, between the motor and receiver, or between the motor and the switch?
I hook between the LNB and whatever follows it.

Someone will review this info, and correct or add to it.

Hi everyone,

I had a few questions about the CNX Duo LNB setup. I have a 31" winegard with a Invacom Quad Polar LNBF and SG-2100 H-H motor. The receiver came with a 4 input/ 1 output DiSEqC 2.0 switch.

In the satellite setup menu there is:

Would appreciate any advice on what settings I should have.

Thanks for your help!

Satellite: (for now I'm lining up with Gal 10R 123W)
DiSEqC: set for 2 (I believe it's for the switch)

I have the same LNB and Motor, so my set up is as follows:

Port 1 (L) out of LNB into switch at LNB 1 Linear
Port 2 (C) out of LNB into switch at LNB 2 Circular

LNB: I have it set for universal 2. This I'm not sure what to put.

LNB should be set to standard and L.O. Frequency 10750 for the QPH-031 Linear outputs
Mine is Port 1 Linear 10750 (FTA)
Port 2 Curcular 11250 for DBS birds (NASA)

22 Khz tone: off
YES

You can connect it directly to the LNB and the receiver end to the LNB side of the motor bypassing the switch. I always turn my dish to the appropriate satellite I want then bypass everything! RG6 from house – METER – LNB. Remember to keep the power off your receiver when disconnection or connecting your switches for you CAN burn them out! Hope that helps! :)

Kevin

In the Reciever Setup Menu, the DiSEqC should reflect how you have the cables connected from the switch to the LNB. If you have:

LNB "L"inear-----------------------Port 1 Switch-------------------Motor------------Receiver
................................................................/
LNB "C"ircular------------------Port 2 Switch-/

In the Receiver Menu
Linear Sats:
LNB - Standard or Single
L.O. - 10750
DiSEqC - Port 1
Motor USALS
(enter your Long West and Lat North, remember to select WEST, East is usually the default)

Circular Sats(any Sat named Echostar of Nimiq)
LNB - Standard or Single
L.O. - 11250
DiSEqC - Port 2
Motor - USALS ( you should only need to enter Long / Lat once)

Thanks for all the replies! It is much appreciated. One other question... the DiSEqC selection in the menu is that to select the port on the switch or is it for the type of switch? i.e.: DiSEqC 2.0

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the replies! It is much appreciated. One other question... the DiSEqC selection in the menu is that to select the port on the switch or is it for the type of switch? i.e.: DiSEqC 2.0

Thanks again!

I have a CNX Mini and for the most part the DiSEqC menu is to select the port your using on the switch for the satellite in the drop down in that menu.

I have noticed if you pick your switch settings in the channel manager section or motor set up screens of the OSD you will not have to enter nothing in there if you save your set up in the main channel menu. Now since the Mini is the same as the Duo & Trio but without Better PVR functions, yours should be the same!

The DiSEqC screen just lets you input all your satellites on the ports your using in the CNX box without the motor turning to all those birds so they can be stored faster when you go to your channel menu and scan each satellite.

Just overlook the DiSEqC part and input your information on switch or port location in the channel or motor screen and save it, you will be fine! :)

If it does not save in the channel & motor screens (doubtful) go ahead and enter the bird you want to scan in there on the appropriate LNB port you’re using and save. But I doubt that you will have to enter it in twice one the STB remembers it in the other menus as long as you save it in those screens.

Glad to help!

Enjoy your CNX!

Kevin

Thanks everyone for your help! The system is up and running great!

Cheers!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)