CNX Trio Lat. Long. Settings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tad44

Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
Atlanta, Ga.
How do I enter Lat and Long. settings in menu to set up USAL motor control. I'm trying to enter 33.56 and 84.21 it will not let me put the period in and every time I press OK the window goes blank again?
Thank you so much for any help you can give me.:)

I have never used that receiver, you might have to enter a "0" in front of your latitude and longitude, and most receivers will only take one number after the decimal point.

Try:

Lat: 033.6
Lon: 084.2

If your STB is like mine, you don't have to enter the peroid. I just enter all 4 digits and the peroid is just there.

I cannot guarantee that it will be the same for your system, but, I would think it would be. My remote does not even have a peroid on it!

I had a TRIO (I loved it, but I wanted HD so I sold it). IIRC, don't press OK/Enter and just put in 3356 (I thought it put the decimal in for you). To go to the next field, just press down or similar.

Thank you guys so much for the info. I'll give it a try and see if it will take it. I did not do the 0 first and that may be the problem.
If this works sure will be a slick way of setting the dish up from now on. Do I need to be on sat 82 to set up USAL or leave it on 0 position and let it go to 82. Then adjust dish for best picture. It will auto correct for magnetic deviation is this correct?

You need to aim your dish at your true south location first, then setup usals. So based on your info, you should manually aim the dish at 85 west first, tweak for best signal, then setup USAL motor control.

Also, no, no receiver I have ever seen will correct for declination, that is something you do by aiming at your true south first, that way you know when the motor is at 0 position, that it is pointing at your true south, from there, most stuff falls into place on the arc, with a few minor adjustments maybe as your near the ends.

82 is a bell expressvu sat, not much if any FTA channels on that sat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)