Cod4

I have to agree with jgags6. I am a big fan of a long game and good story in single mode. I love cod4, but this big focus on multi player mode is pissing me off. Single mode is getting shorter and shorter. It seem game developer think every gamer plays online. I won't pick up a game that is multiplayer only and seem to be a few of them out now.

Lets get back to making fairly long single mode.

Well unless you just sit there and play it non-stop for 5-6 hours then yes it won't be as enjoying. I am the type of person to just play through a couple of levels and then stop and play something else. So that 5-6 hours can seem like 3-4 weeks. Also there are three levels to play a game so if you play each level then it will take you a long time. Also there are achievements (xbox360) that you can get and that makes it even more challenging.

Is there a lot of swearing in the game? There wasn't a lot in cod3. Is there any options in sound to turn down the speech . Due to the games M rating not sure if it's ok for my kid he has RFOM which is also M but i don't really hear any swearing in that game Thanks

Is there a lot of swearing in the game? There wasn't a lot in cod3. Is there any options in sound to turn down the speech . Due to the games M rating not sure if it's ok for my kid he has RFOM which is also M but i don't really hear any swearing in that game Thanks

I am playing the pc version and so far I haven't heard any curse words yet. I am now in the third level I believe (safe house). There is a little bit of gore (blood) but you can turn that option off if you wish. I don't think you can turn off speech not unless you turn mute on, or set the master volume in software to zero, at least in the pc version. But then you'll lose all sound if you do that.

It's probably rated M for the violence. It is a violent game.

Well unless you just sit there and play it non-stop for 5-6 hours then yes it won't be as enjoying. I am the type of person to just play through a couple of levels and then stop and play something else. So that 5-6 hours can seem like 3-4 weeks. Also there are three levels to play a game so if you play each level then it will take you a long time. Also there are achievements (xbox360) that you can get and that makes it even more challenging.

It also depend upon the level of difficulty you are playing. If you play the hardened or veteran difficulty, I'm pretty sure the game will take more than 5-6 hours even if you play it non-stop. I am playing it at the hardened difficulty and some of the levels are pretty darned tough.

Well unless you just sit there and play it non-stop for 5-6 hours then yes it won't be as enjoying. I am the type of person to just play through a couple of levels and then stop and play something else. So that 5-6 hours can seem like 3-4 weeks.

Yeah your right, It was just the thought that there was only 5-6 hours that worried me. But no doubt I hope they have it in next time that I go to Blockbuster.

Hey all, I'm wondering which version to get... ps3 or 360... My ps3 does do 1080p, but I do not have a HDMI equipped 360 for 1080p.. can only do 1080i. I'll also be playing online soon as well... So which experience would be better overall for me?
I have COD 2 on 360... LOVED the multiplayer!

Hey all, I'm wondering which version to get... ps3 or 360... My ps3 does do 1080p, but I do not have a HDMI equipped 360 for 1080p.. can only do 1080i. I'll also be playing online soon as well... So which experience would be better overall for me?
I have COD 2 on 360... LOVED the multiplayer!

I also have COD 2 on 360.

I liked the PS3 version slightly better (COD4), but like i said the difference is barely noticeable, albeit slightly, but barely in favor of the PS3. I haven't played it on 1080p, but if i could then thats definitely the way that i would go

As far as the single player controversy. Single Player is my favorite part of any game. I am not a big multiplayer fan just because you have to devote so much time to getting good at it and I don't have the time nor patience to do that. I usually play a game for aobut an hour and I am ready to do something else. And I like to beat a game in at least two weeks. So it's a no win situation for me. I like to beat it fast, but I at least want it to be longer than 5 hours. It took me just under that to beat it on medium.

Am I happy with the game. Yes. I just wish it featured 4 player online like warhark and halo. Then that 9.5 IGN gave it would be a 10 in my book. I think the 9.5 is perfect score.

I am the type of player that take my time in a game. I hate to miss something that I may need further myself into the game. Also, some games are to good to put down. I will play until I get stuck in a level, sometimes. I come back at a later time and figure out what to do later

I don't play games everyday and with so many things I have to do and so little time to do it.. I'm lucky to get to play a game once a week. I have games that I had to start over because I forgot the controls and where I was at in the game.

But, still a short game is a short game. So if you spread the game out to a 3-4 weak period. You still have short 5-6 hour game. I guess a 40 hour game will last you a year.

Alot of the swearing comes from your own mouth when you have 10 minutes to get through a seemingless endless stream of OPFOR to prevent the nukes to hit American soil. :)

you kill people in the game, its a freakin war game and your worried about language? wow, show me a marine that doesn't swear and I'll show you a somethign that doesn't exist... ;)

just messin with you I found something ironic about it and couldn't resist.

have fun.:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)