Cold front in the theoretical place of eternal damnation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Well, I have signed us up for six months. Specifically for a long road trip.

Anyway, we have a 2016 Outback. I went to set a few SXM channels into the presets. And got a NASTY surprise. Only the channel number appears in the preset, not “BBC W” or some such.

Have I got to tape a cheat sheet to the dash or is there a way to put something intelligible there? And why do the first five have an alarm clock next to them? It’s not that they are the only ones that can skip back- they all can.

Reactions: TheKrell
Sounds like a question for your friendly neighborhood Subaru dealer. They'll probably want to know whether or not you have the 7" LCD.

The alarm clock equipped channels start recording in a 30 minute circular buffer from when you start the car. The others can only skip back to when you first "tuned" the channel. Why they chose an alarm clock as the representative icon is anybody's guess.

Thank you.

I’ll have to get off my lazy butt and Google for the renaming bit.

In my GMC truck I was able to program over the channel numbers with text, so "SXM 26" became "Classic V" (limit on the number of characters). Tedious but worth the effort to "name" all 25 presets I assigned. Does Subaru allow something similar?

Sent from my LG-E980 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: TheKrell
I’ve been searching on my iPhone 6+ and am finding nothing. I will have to go thru the downloaded manual on my PC.

I guess I could visit a dealer and express interest in a new Outback....

Anyway, we have a 2016 Outback. I went to set a few SXM channels into the presets. And got a NASTY surprise. Only the channel number appears in the preset, not “BBC W” or some such

That sucks! My 2012 Chrysler 300 Uconnect radio puts the channel name in the presets. No channel number until I select one and it starts playing.
I guess I could visit a dealer and express interest in a new Outback...

Is that idea simply to glean some info about your 2016?

The older XM factory radio in my Avalanche is like that. It only shows the channel number in the presets until I select a channel then the channel name and info show up on the screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts