Cold Weather issue

Yep.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Well....Tech was out today and agreed that's the problem...Said they are getting "CRAZY # of Calls" on this...Could be up to 10 days till they have the necessary new parts...Tech was great, but VERY FRUSTRATED WITH DISH The company RIGHT NOW :mad:

Since having my LNB replaced about 10 days ago we have had several single digit nights and one that got -2 and no problems with signal loss.

Well....Tech was out today and agreed that's the problem...Said they are getting "CRAZY # of Calls" on this...Could be up to 10 days till they have the necessary new parts...Tech was great, but VERY FRUSTRATED WITH DISH The company RIGHT NOW :mad:

Well a tech is supposed to come out tomorrow morning between 8-12. It's 14 now and for some reason my DISH is working. I'm just happy that I'm actually getting FX tonight to watch Justified after missing Continuum, Being Human and Lost Girl last night.

also assuming you have the LNB on the list that Dish software provided

Haven't had a chance to check the lnb yet. I'd have to crawl out on the roof to check it and really don't feel like doing it when the temp is below 10.

I haven't had any issues since I've been home from work. The highest the temp has been is 10 and now it's almost 10pm with no problems.

The tech can replace the duo node with the new model OR replace the LNB with one outside of the serial range. All LNBs except the ones in the specific range should work with the older model duo nodes. If they don't have the new nodes yet then he could replace the LNB instead.

The tech can replace the duo node with the new model OR replace the LNB with one outside of the serial range. All LNBs except the ones in the specific range should work with the older model duo nodes. If they don't have the new nodes yet then he could replace the LNB instead.

No LNB or duo nodes to be had today. I have another tech visit scheduled for Saturday. Hopefully necessary parts will be found somewhere in our area by then.

crazy for this large of a company to have this poor of a logistical system in place. Poor techs can't get the hardware their customers need is the bottom line. Was telling to see how frustrated the tech and field managers were today that they couldn't do their jobs and keep the customer satisfied.

After visiting here for the first time in a few months and reading this thread, I'm thinking in retrospect that I ran into this problem back in September/October and my installer accidentally found his way to the solution without knowing the real cause:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/294661-Odd-Temperature-Related-Reception-Issue

After the LNB change right after Halloween, performance has been basically flawless since, even though it has been much colder.

No LNB or duo nodes to be had today. I have another tech visit scheduled for Saturday. Hopefully necessary parts will be found somewhere in our area by then.

crazy for this large of a company to have this poor of a logistical system in place. Poor techs can't get the hardware their customers need is the bottom line. Was telling to see how frustrated the tech and field managers were today that they couldn't do their jobs and keep the customer satisfied.

It looks like I'm going to be having the same problem. They showed up looked everything over and then looked at my paperwork and called their warehouse. They are driving out there (short drive like 10-15 minutes) to try to find an LNB or one of the new nodes. (even though I told them that they needed one or the other) The tech told me that the information from here from Dish Software was more detailed then the information they received from Dish directly.

Update: They came back and installed the new node and a new lnb. They also told me that they made copies of the papers I printed out from this thread for their records when they went back to the warehouse to get the correct hardware.

Last edited:
About 10 degrees this morning, and it took 10+ seconds to change the channel from my Joey. I did not reboot the Hopper, and it is now back down to about 3 seconds this afternoon with the sun hitting it.

I've attached a video showing the delay, which include both local and national channels. I have not yet lost a tuner since everything outside was replaced.

View attachment Joey Slow Channel Change 10 Degrees Outside.mp4

Update: Tech visited today - and they had the new duo node & LNB...

Weather is relatively warm, so no good test yet...That will come about Thur when the high is predicted to be about 5 degrees...Fingers crossed!!

Update: Tech visited today - and they had the new duo node & LNB...

Weather is relatively warm, so no good test yet...That will come about Thur when the high is predicted to be about 5 degrees...Fingers crossed!!

2/2: Update #2

Well, we've had two days of below zero degrees Fahrenheit and (knock wood) the system has remained stable with no loss of signal...THANK YOU Dish for a solve that seems to be working! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts