College Basketball Coaches Fired

to you ACC blowhards: "nice league ya got there, when OP leaves for the BEast basement dwellers"

:D :)

Speaking of the ACC, Boston College just landed Steve Donahue of Cornell as their new coach. As long as he doesn't run that flex offense I'm fine with this.

Wake Forest has fired Dino Gaudio. That's a low class move IMO. Gaudio stepped in after Skip Prosser's death and kept Wake's recruiting class in tact and got them to back to back NCAA Tournaments. They must have forgotten that Wake was at the bottom of the ACC when Gaudio took over. I guess they'll have to learn the hard way that guys like Tim Duncan and Chris Paul don't grow on trees.

Wake Forest has fired Dino Gaudio. That's a low class move IMO. Gaudio stepped in after Skip Prosser's death and kept Wake's recruiting class in tact and got them to back to back NCAA Tournaments. They must have forgotten that Wake was at the bottom of the ACC when Gaudio took over. I guess they'll have to learn the hard way that guys like Tim Duncan and Chris Paul don't grow on trees.

+1. real head-scratcher.

+1. real head-scratcher.
This has everything to do with Carolina and dook winning the last two championships. NC State threw Herb Sendek under the bus a few years ago the same way. I just thought Wake people were more rational than State. I guess not.

to you ACC blowhards: "nice league ya got there, when OP leaves for the BEast basement dwellers"

:D :)
Clemson isn't exactly known for it's basketball. ;)

It's like when Tubby left Uga for UK, he left a school that didn't care about B-ball to one that did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically, it's not a firing, but....

Newly hired Hofstra men's basketball coach Tim Welsh resigned on Monday, three days after he was arrested and charged with drunken driving on Long Island, the university said.

"The university accepted the resignation in the best interests of the university and of the men's basketball program," Hofstra said in a brief statement announcing the move.

Hofstra hired Welsh on March 31, giving him a contract worth more than $600,000 a year. He also coached at Iona and spent the past two seasons as a commentator for ESPNU.

Tim Welsh resigns from Hofstra days after drunken driving arrest - ESPN New York

Fired Seton Hall basketball coach Bobby Gonzalez has been arrested on suspicion of shoplifting at a New Jersey mall.

Millburn police say the 47-year-old Gonzalez was arrested Monday after reporting to police headquarters and was charged Tuesday with shoplifting and criminal mischief.

He is accused of taking a $1,400 men's satchel from the Polo Ralph Lauren store in the Short Hills Mall on June 29.

He must have had an interview coming up and wanted to impress with some designer stuff... ;)

Ex-Seton Hall coach Bobby Gonzalez arrested for shoplifting - ESPN New York