college football feeds?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

matt701

Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Hello! I am new to this website and have found lots of useful information on it already. Syracuse plays Wake Forest (football) this Saturday, 9/2 and it is not televised on any channels and only availble on espn 360. Is there any way to catch this game on any feeds or are there any satellites to check while the game is on? I really want to watch the season opener. Thanks for any advice!

WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

Most college feeds seem to be analog so you would need an old analog receiver. They can be had VERY cheaply these days and can be slaved to a DVB receiver with a short RG6 coax run.

Other than that I would scan SBS6......... on the day, remember specifics on feeds (Freq. / Pol. / SR.) should not be posted here in the open FTA area.

But isn't ESPN360 like an internet feed or something? So they may not be using satellite to feed the game.

espn 360

Espn360 is an internet feed, but I thought they would have to uplink the game using satellite to their servers before putting it on the internet.

While matt701 is PROBABLY right, they could still use fiberoptic or something to feed the game back to ESPN, however, it is most likely to be uplinked via satellite. Most likely analog since it's a relatively small market game. Since WF is an ACC team, probably done regionaly by JP sports...DEFINATELY analog (could be wrong though).

Regarding the analog receiver...they work with Ku-Band FTA systems? What brand do you recommend? Would you use the Loop out on the DVB receiver to hook up to the analog receiver?

Yes, they work with Ku. Yes, use the loop out on the DVB so that the DVB receiver controls polarity. Probably any receiver is good. Look for them used locally or on eBay. VERY cheaply gotten...wouldn't recommend buying one new since you can pay less than 10% for one that works used. The favorites here are Uniden and Toshiba. Look in our classifieds section :)

To sum it up/explain better.

ESPN is handling the production for this game, this rules out analog.

Fiber is not a option @ Wake Forest. VYVX is not setup there.

Based on previous ESPN 360 feeds, (Also rules out analog) without saying anything I should't the satellite PSB recommended would be a great place to start.

Edited to add, ESPN as in ESPN Bristol, not ESPN+ (ESPN's syndication) most of those feeds are analog.

Last edited:
Wow, that narrows it down! So if it is in fact on the satellite mentioned earlier, I should be able to aim my pansat 2500 with KU linear LNB and 33 inch dish and pick it up just before gametime?

matt701 said:
Wow, that narrows it down! So if it is in fact on the satellite mentioned earlier, I should be able to aim my pansat 2500 with KU linear LNB and 33 inch dish and pick it up just before gametime?

Assuming it is not 4:2:2. I said that satellite was a good place to start, Its far from a 100% sure thing. Nothing is 100% sure in this business :)

For sports feeds, an analog receiver and a PCI card are your best friends. I'm not sure what the ratio of KU analog sports feed to KU digital feeds are though. Perhaps someone knows??

Vacosta said:
For sports feeds, an analog receiver and a PCI card are your best friends. I'm not sure what the ratio of KU analog sports feed to KU digital feeds are though. Perhaps someone knows??

I think in the last year or so digital has over taken analog for sports feeds. The gap in theory should get wider every year.

Yea, so far I have noticed news feeds.. they are starting switch from 4:2:0 to 4:2:2. But of course some its still showing in 4:2:0. I can see WWE feeds are in 4:2:2 and Sports, like both 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 it depends on what you watch.. NASCAR, most of the time is 4:2:2.. That is why it's WORTH to have Twinhan 102g! :D It's better to keep blindscan in every satellite birds if unable to watch on CoolSat then get info of what FREQ, etc.. switch to computer, it's there!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)