college football feeds?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'd much rather just use a 102g. If you've got a computer that can keep up, great. If not, hey, you've got something that can do more than pick up satellite signals. After doing some pricing on newegg.com, it's about the same price to put together an adequte PC than buy that receiver. And possibly, if some new DVB standard comes out, it's easier and cheaper to get new program and driver updates than buy a new receiver. That's just my two cents.

wantogetstarted said:
What is the name of the receiver? I would like to research it a little.

It is the Quali-TV. It retails for $700, it will do 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 + HD. It does have a fair share of bugs. (Channels tend to disappear now and then/ sometimes problems scanning in a channel) From what I read they no longer make them anymore but I believe the two places who sold them still have them in stock, just not many.

Tomorrow will be a good time to start searching. There's probably a dozen or so games tomorrow night. I'm sure half of them will be televised somewhere. Hopefully all of them.

Al

My schedule to look for games courtesy of the DBSForums website and all those that helped. Satellite Coordinates from the MAC website.

Thursday, August 31
Boston College at Central Michigan (ESPN2 HD) 6pm - Galaxy 3 Tr 4 - HD Digital
Temple at Buffalo (CN8) 7pm AMC 2 Ku Tr 2 Slot A Digital
Florida International at Middle Tennessee (ESPN Plus) 7pm
Hofstra at Stony Brook (FSN New York) 7pm
Northwestern at Miami (OH) (ESPNU) 7:30pm - AMC 1 Ku Tr 16 Slot A Digital
E. Michigan at Ball St. (Comcast Local) 7:30pm - AMC 3 Ku Tr 22 Slot 1 Digital
Minnesota @ Kent State - ESPN 360 7:30 pm - Galaxy 16 Ku Tr 24 Digital
Rhode Island at Connecticut (ESPN Plus) 7:30pm
S. Carolina at Mississippi St. (ESPN HD) 8pm
Toledo at Iowa St. (Mediacom-Iowa) 8pm
N. Iowa at Drake (KFXA/KDSM) 8pm
Mikes at Samford (College Sports DirecTV) 8pm
Chattanooga at Tennessee Tech (College Sports DirecTV) 8pm
Lockhaven at Southern Illinois (College Sports DirecTV) 8pm
Southeastern Louisiana at New Mexico St (WACTV) 9pm
Sacramento St. at Boise St. (KTVB) 9pm
N. Arizona at Arizona St. (FSN Arizona) 10pm
E. Washington at Oregon St. (FSN Washington) 10pm
UTEP at San Diego St. (CSTV) 10:30pm

Friday, September 1
Nevada at Fresno St. (ESPN HD) 8pm

Saturday, September 2
Vanderbilt at Michigan (ESPN HD) 12pm
N. Texas at Texas (FSN) 12pm
Montana at Iowa (ESPNU) 12pm
Idaho at Michigan St. (ESPN Plus) 12pm
Hampton vs. Grambling (ESPN2 HD) 12pm
W. Kentucky at Georgia (LF Sports) 12:30pm
Lafayette at Sacred Heart (Lafayette Sports) 1pm
Colgate at Massachusetts (CSTV Internet) 1pm
Albany at Lehigh (Service Electric Sports) 1pm
Northeastern at Virginia Tech (ESPN360) 1:30pm
Jacksonville St. at Furman (CSTV) 1:30pm
Charleston Southern at Presbyterian (S. Carolina ETV) 1:30pm
Northeastern at Va Tech (ESPN 360) 1:30pm
Rutgers at N. Carolina (ABC) 3:30pm
N. Illinois at Ohio St. (ABC) 3:30pm Galaxy 3 C-band Tr 8 apparently analog
Stanford at Oregon (ABC) 3:30pm
Akron at Penn St. (ESPN2 HD) 3:30pm - IA 6 C-band Tr 15 Digital
Louisiana Tech at Nebraska (FSN) 3:30pm
Florida Atlanic at Clemson (ESPNU) 3:30pm
Marshall at W. Virginia (ESPN Plus) 3:30pm
UC Davis at Northern Colorado (Big Sky TV) 3:30pm
Weber St. at Colorado St. (The mtn.) 5pm
California at Tennessee (ESPN) 5:30pm
E. Carolina at Navy (CSTV) 5:30pm
S. Mississippi at Floirda (Sun Sports PPV) 6pm
William & Mary at Maryland (ESPN 360) 6pm
Syracuse at Wake Forest (ESPN 360) 6:30pm
UAB at Oklahoma (TBS) 7pm
Utah at UCLA (FSN HD) 7pm
Virginia at Pittsburgh (ESPNU) 7pm
Hawai'i at Alabama (Crimson Tide PPV & Oceanic PPV) 7pm
McNeese St. at USF (ESPN Plus) 7pm
Wisconsin vs. Bowling Green (ESPN Plus) 7pm Galaxy 3 C-band Tr 22 apparently analog
Alabama A&M at Tennessee St. (CSS) 7pm
UC Martin at Ohio (College Sports DirecTV) 7pm
SE Missouri State at Austin Peay (College Sports DirecTV) 7pm
Washington St. at Auburn (ESPN2 HD) 7:45pm
Notre Dame at Georgia Tech (ABC HD) 8pm
UL-Lafayette at LSU (LSU PPV) 8pm
Portland St. at New Mexico (The mtn.) 8:30pm
USC at Arkansas (ESPN HD) 8:45pm
Houston at Rice (CSTV) 9pm
BYU at Arizona (TBS) 10:15pm

Sunday, September 3
Memphis at Mississippi (ESPN HD) 4:30pm
TCU at Baylor (FSN) 5:30pm
Kentucky at Louisville (ESPN HD) 8pm

Monday, September 4
Florida St. at Miami (FL) (ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD, ESPNU) 8pm

satcustomer said:
And are the analog feeds something like 4:2:0 Analog instead of 4:2:0 Digital? Aren't most feeds digital or even 4:2:2 Digital?
4:2:0 and 4:2:2 (or any other chroma ratio) are only descriptive of digital signals. These do not apply to analog signals.

PSB said:
Most college feeds seem to be analog so you would need an old analog receiver. They can be had VERY cheaply these days and can be slaved to a DVB receiver with a short RG6 coax run.

I am very interested in how to accomplish this. I have a fortec classic NA (which has a loop out to connect another reciever), and a motorized dish. So if I hook up an analog receiver to the loop out, I presume I can point the dish with my fortec, and get channels from the same satellite analog? No different LNB needed? And I can have both receivers decoding a signal at the same time (so I could have a TV hooked to my fortec watching digital, and another TV hooked to the analog watching analog)?

Where would I find a list of "analog" channels for a satellite? Currently I look here for the list of channels: http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistKuBandUS.html

a_hockeynut said:
I am very interested in how to accomplish this. I have a fortec classic NA (which has a loop out to connect another reciever), and a motorized dish. So if I hook up an analog receiver to the loop out, I presume I can point the dish with my fortec, and get channels from the same satellite analog?
yes. But one catch...same polarity on the same satellite

No different LNB needed?
nope. Same LNB can do both

And I can have both receivers decoding a signal at the same time (so I could have a TV hooked to my fortec watching digital, and another TV hooked to the analog watching analog)?
correct.

Where would I find a list of "analog" channels for a satellite? Currently I look here for the list of channels: http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistKuBandUS.html
99% of the analog channels on KU are feeds (come and go). Weekends are the best to find the analog feeds (sports) :)

Iceberg said:
yes. But one catch...same polarity on the same satellite

Is there a way around the "same polarity", like can I turn off my fortec, or does it need to be on to "pass through"?

Then I guess I am only watching from one receiver, but if I am limited to same polarity I am not sure how I would find the feeds on a given satellite without knowing the polarity (I like to be able to just scan them all and find them, blind scan is wonderful!).

99% of the analog channels on KU are feeds (come and go). Weekends are the best to find the analog feeds (sports) :)

I am very interested in finding sports. Of course I am mostly going to be interested in hockey games. Are there many hockey games which are on analog?

I have a very old analog receiver (was a giveaway on freecycle) which I have no clue if it will work or not, but hey, it might be worth a shot. On the front it says "SAT-COM 240 satellite receiver", and has one dial for video, and one dial for audio. My only concern would be it might not have the range of channels which a "newer" analog receiver would. Thoughts?

a_hockeynut said:
Is there a way around the "same polarity", like can I turn off my fortec, or does it need to be on to "pass through"?
no. Part of the issue is the older C/KU analog boxes can't control polarity. If you hook it directly up, you get H side only. If you turn off the Fortec, it defaults the analog back to H

Then I guess I am only watching from one receiver, but if I am limited to same polarity I am not sure how I would find the feeds on a given satellite without knowing the polarity (I like to be able to just scan them all and find them, blind scan is wonderful!).
I can watch 2 things (one analog one digital). There isnt much on analog (sports feeds) and with only 24 channels its pretty easy. When I'm blind scanning a satellite, I flip over to nalog and scan one side and when the digital box starts canning the other polarity, then I scan the analog again :)

I am very interested in finding sports. Of course I am mostly going to be interested in hockey games. Are there many hockey games which are on analog?
there are some. Most WCHA games that are on FTA are on digital but some east coast teams do still use analog (at least last year they did)

I have a very old analog receiver (was a giveaway on freecycle) which I have no clue if it will work or not, but hey, it might be worth a shot. On the front it says "SAT-COM 240 satellite receiver", and has one dial for video, and one dial for audio. My only concern would be it might not have the range of channels which a "newer" analog receiver would. Thoughts?
the only difference between an "old" and a "new" analog is the old were C Band only. As long as it can get KU you're fine. That box may be C-Band only. Is there anything on it that allows you to flip to KU Band?

Analog is pretty simple
24 channels per satellite (19 on SBS6)
no symbol rate (it takes up the whole channel)

I can scan a satellite for analog in 10 seconds :D

Iceberg said:
That box may be C-Band only. Is there anything on it that allows you to flip to KU Band?

You may be right. The only switches on it are AFC on/off, and video inv/norm.

I guess I may be shopping for a KU band analog receiver next! Is there an easy way to tell if a box is C-band only or KU band also (other than a visable switch)?

Thanks for all of your help!!!!

other than a switch or if its a semi-newer one, there will be a light on the unit for KU (or the remote).

Most Ebay auctions, if you go that route, should say if it will do both. I had an old C Band reciever with click knobs and 2 dials on it...wouldnt work for KU :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts