College Football - Tennessee vs Ohio State

...only 10 years away :)

WBIR.COM - Vols finalize football dates with Ohio State

You certainly can't lump Tennessee into the group of SEC schools that never play outside of the south.

2008 @ UCLA
2013 @ Oregon
2014 @ Oklahoma
2016 @ Nebraska
2019 @ Ohio State

The 2018 Ohio State game in Knoxville will be the first time a Big Ten team will have played at Neyland Stadium.

Now you see how scheduling works.
Chances are it's the first time Tennessee has played in the Horseshoe too.

Jimbo

So if anyone has a 7 or 8 year old son, now's the time to start teaching your kid the game of football! Hell, 2019 is going to be a big year! Never too early to prepare for the Vols visit to the Shoe!

Go Bucks!

I heard today that the last time an SEC team played in the horseshoe was like '87, it was LSU btw.

Jimbo

and they won btw.

OSU played LSU in the consecutive years of 1987 and 1988. The 1987 game was actually in Baton Rouge, La and the 1988 game was played in Columbus, Oh.

In both of these previous meetings (the only meeting between the two schools prior to the '07 BCS National Championship), the Buckeyes were lower ranked and the underdogs.

They played to a 13-13 tie in 1987. In 1988 in Ohio Stadium, OSU rallied from 13 points down in the final 4:29 to win 36-33.

These seasons were significant to Buckeye lore in that following the 1987 season, OSU coach Earle Bruce was fired and 1988 marked the beginning of the John Cooper era.

See link: HERE.

OSU played LSU in the consecutive years of 1987 and 1988. The 1987 game was actually in Baton Rouge, La and the 1988 game was played in Columbus, Oh.

In both of these previous meetings (the only meeting between the two schools prior to the '07 BCS National Championship), the Buckeyes were lower ranked and the underdogs.

They played to a 13-13 tie in 1987. In 1988 in Ohio Stadium, OSU rallied from 13 points down in the final 4:29 to win 36-33.

These seasons were significant to Buckeye lore in that following the 1987 season, OSU coach Earle Bruce was fired and 1988 marked the beginning of the John Cooper era.

See link: HERE.

In MICHIGAN we called those "the good old days".

Glad to see this one come through. I love the big out of conferece games. I went out to Cal last season and had a blast. Plan to go to UCLA this year (as well as each of the games mentioned about in their respective years). I love going to new stadiums that I wouldn't normally get to see and taking part in their traditions. I only wish it was football season already!

Nice to see some schools keeping up some decent schedules. My school has been dumbing down their schedule which none of the alum seem to be to happy about. but then again SOS means very little when it comes time for BCS rankings so why should it mattter ;)

Yeah, we used to have ND on the schedule every 4 years or so (for a 2 year run), but we are on a long off period now. I went up to South Bend the last time we (TN) played there and had a blast. I just love seeing all the different schools/stadiums.

The Tenn@UCLA game this year has been moved to Sept 1st (Labor Day Monday night) on ESPN. There will be some national exposure for this intersectional matchup.

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about the move to monday night. It will be on national TV which is great, but it will make it much harder for east coast fans to attend as it means most will need to take a day off work (Tuesday) to be able to get back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)