College Football

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Ok guys I'm be collage sports fan Direct got my NASCAR covered but what's the best way to see most of the top collage football games. Had a friend ask me about this today who just got Direct installed yesterday. :)

The cheapest way is to subscribe to the Sports Pack for those months and all of those games should be in the clear and not be blacked out. But you can also get ESPN Gameplan, but that will cost more money...

Yeah looks like the Sports Pack would be the way to go.

sports pack....unless you are a SEC or ACC fan then game plan

This is last years college football games on TV (all TV games).....you can see what type of games show up on game plan
Football 2009

I'm going to stick with my RSN's hd for this year. I get two in my area and I think I will be happy with what I get. If not the thing is I have a choice to add others with the sports pack next year or for even basketball season. Since I will also get my SEC early game in hd with the addition of the Bham CW which was not an option when I had Dish.

sports pack....unless you are a SEC or ACC fan then game plan

This is last years college football games on TV (all TV games).....you can see what type of games show up on game plan
Football 2009

Actually, being an SEC fan, I can not think of a single game I could watch last year that needed gameplan.

the OP is not in a SEC market so alot of those games on game plan you get already (if your location in profile is correct) ;)

Most of the SEC Network games were on RSNs and not blacked out. There are a few PPV games on GP, but it's not always worth the cost as most of those games are scheduled blowouts against smaller schools. Since each SEC school only has one PPV a season now, it would almost be more worth it to just buy the PPV showing for that one game if someone is following a particular team.

Most of the SEC Network games were on RSNs and not blacked out. There are a few PPV games on GP, but it's not always worth the cost as most of those games are scheduled blowouts against smaller schools. Since each SEC school only has one PPV a season now, it would almost be more worth it to just buy the PPV showing for that one game if someone is following a particular team.

That is pretty much what I meant, although I did forget about the one PPV game. I went to the game Bama had on PPV this year, so it slipped my mind that I would have had to get it on PPV.

Of course the SEC situation doesnt apply to everyone else, and the Gameplan package may benefit others.

Actually, being an SEC fan, I can not think of a single game I could watch last year that needed gameplan.

I was with DISH last season and even with them I was in the clear on every SEC game except the PPV one's. Just get the sports pack and you should get just about everything you want to see.

Hmm... now I'm very tempted to get the sports pack for college football season. How much is the package? I can't tell from their website because my order hasn't been installed yet, and they won't let me modify anything until after that time (which is fine). Their website does say you're only required to keep it for 30 days to avoid a $10 processing fee, so getting it just for 4 months doesn't seem to be discouraged.

price is 12.99 a month and there is no minimum timeframe to keep it. But as you noted if you drop it within 30 days they do charge to drop the package...otherwise they dont ;)

Signed up for the Sport Pack last night.. :)

Signed up for the Sport Pack last night.. :)

Now you get to watch all of the cool shows about the local teams before and after the games like my favorite shows about the Phillies, Eagles, Sixers and Flyers....

Oh, wait a minute, I don't get to watch those. Well, if your favorites are any others you will be fine!

Now you get to watch all of the cool shows about the local teams before and after the games like my favorite shows about the Phillies, Eagles, Sixers and Flyers....

Oh, wait a minute, I don't get to watch those. Well, if your favorites are any others you will be fine!

Yeah I read that Direct and Dish are fighting Comcast to the the Philly network added.

Status
Please reply by conversation.