Status
Please reply by conversation.

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
I don't have it right now and I'm thinking of adding it just for a few months. Can you remove it after a few months? Do you get penalized for dropping it? I'm thinking I'd like to have the protection for the first 3 or 4 months, usually equipment fails in the first weeks of installation.

Remember that I come from Dish Network where they charge you for breathing. :D

Ive added it and dropped it online very easily. Many times you have to keep it for 30 days, but I dont think this is one of em. It takes 30 days to kick in though. I never used em in the past, but now that I have all this MRV crap added in, it's worth the cost with it's hardware and the SWM hardware.

There is a $10 fee for dumping premium services though.

Thanks. Yeah that's what I'm thinking that will all the MRV and different technology going at the same time in my setup, it's worth the $5.99.

Yeah, I have a power inserter, the SWM LNB, the 2 added boxes for MRV, the AM21 and two HDDVR's. Too much crap that can fail...

You have 90 days warranty from the date of your install (and for future installs/upgrades) so no need to get it yet. If you want to always be covered then order it 2 months into your service so it will be valid month 3. (The first 30 days are noncoverage so there is also no charge during that time)

Second option is to just wait until you need it. D* will add it for you if a service call is needed and you will get that service call free too. Technically though you are required to keep protec plan for 1 yr if you take the offer. If you cancel protec plan in that year it is a $10 disconnect fee. (It is also a $10 disconnect fee to cancel protec plan anytime 30-60 days after adding it). This offer may not be valid forever but it has been this way for many years so far.

You have 90 days warranty from the date of your install (and for future installs/upgrades) so no need to get it yet. If you want to always be covered then order it 2 months into your service so it will be valid month 3. (The first 30 days are noncoverage so there is also no charge during that time)

Second option is to just wait until you need it. D* will add it for you if a service call is needed and you will get that service call free too. Technically though you are required to keep protec plan for 1 yr if you take the offer. If you cancel protec plan in that year it is a $10 disconnect fee. (It is also a $10 disconnect fee to cancel protec plan anytime 30-60 days after adding it). This offer may not be valid forever but it has been this way for many years so far.

Good info. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)