Color Fade with Superdish TypeII

:shocked
Greengo said:
I joined this site to get help. The last 2 post were insulting to me. THERE IS A PROBLEM!! I am not the only person in my household. Everyone at my home see's the same thing. I thinking I have come to the right place for help have not found it.

Thanks, but no thanks.
heh..pipe down you ol' fart..you ask and you received answers,just because you see color dropouts, so your system isn't up to your standards,dish came and replaced the equipment and checked...maybe its your 1910 television you are watching...GO BUY A REAL T.V. and your problems will go away!

... anyways..., continuing on to constructive discussion... :)

As I believe someone else had mentioned previously in this thread, it is actually quite possible that Dish Network instituted some change in their encoders that caused weaker color around the same time your dishes were changed. It's also possible, though a little less likely, that this happened and not many people noticed. But such a change at the uplink end sure certainly could explain things.

And I'll add, there is much truth to Barry's statements above. I especially like (and agree with) the fact in his last line (edited for clarity and lighter tone): The digital signal from the dish to a receiver will not change color information in the final picture.

So the dish change is coincidental with the color fade. You can switch back to the D500, but any perceived improvement has to be either another uplink coincidence or a sort of placebo effect.

cableman2 said:
:shocked
heh..pipe down you ol' fart..you ask and you received answers,just because you see color dropouts, so your system isn't up to your standards,dish came and replaced the equipment and checked...maybe its your 1910 television you are watching...GO BUY A REAL T.V. and your problems will go away!

I may be an ol' fart, but at least I am not a horse's behind. And by the way both of my TV's are new top of the line SONY'S VEGA's. I was in the satellite industry as an insatller for 6 year's. I am not a moron. I was told not to make fun of people when I was growing up. It is plain to see how some people were brought up. I have received helpful information from some and insults from others. Nuf said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)