Columbus, OH HD locals apparently delayed (surprise)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

landlocked

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Columbus, OH
According to two different reps I spoke with yesterday, the Columbus, OH market won't now see HD locals until May. We were told it would be in April.

I'm thinking in DTV Speak that means August.

Landlocked

There has NEVER been any official release date for the next set of HD LIL, only rumors and conjecture. Spring 2006 has been the most widely held "window", yet still a rumor.

charper1 said:
There has NEVER been any official release date for the next set of HD LIL, only rumors and conjecture. Spring 2006 has been the most widely held "window", yet still a rumor.

OK. Thanks buddy.

landlocked said:
According to two different reps I spoke with yesterday, the Columbus, OH market won't now see HD locals until May. We were told it would be in April.

Landlocked

man WOW! is looking better and better now they even have starz HD!!!! in adition to HD Locals, only thing i'll lose is the XM stations.

RIRWIN1983 said:
man WOW! is looking better and better now they even have starz HD!!!! in adition to HD Locals, only thing i'll lose is the XM stations.

You think that we hear a lot of complaining about the SD picture quality. I tried to go to WOW for service and their analog stations were so bad that I had the installer take the equipment with him after the 4 hours he spent trying to make it better. After that I received a call from the supervisor and they sent a senior tech out to try and install and he also left with all the STB's that he brought.

landlocked said:

Landlocked

The press release of the next 24 markets to get HD was set to begin the first markets in April and finish during Spring 06. That leaves them until mid June to roll out all 24 markets.

Yah but if we don't hear of some cities going up soon, they are supposed to be doing them in groups of 6-8, I doubt all in the current group will be done by mid June.

I wonder what the hold up is. Hartfords were supposed to go with this group Aprilish. I got the H20 and AT9 dish. Its even aligned to the local transponders for Spaceway 1. He wasnt sure if Hartford locals were going to use that or if they were just ones to align to. Always more questions than answers huh?

Questioner said:
Yah but if we don't hear of some cities going up soon, they are supposed to be doing them in groups of 6-8, I doubt all in the current group will be done by mid June.

Brewer4 said:
I wonder what the hold up is. Hartfords were supposed to go with this group Aprilish. I got the H20 and AT9 dish. Its even aligned to the local transponders for Spaceway 1. He wasnt sure if Hartford locals were going to use that or if they were just ones to align to. Always more questions than answers huh?

Those were never OFFICIALLY stated facts by a DirecTV release either, just another possibility or best guess thrown around the boards and conjecture by goofy CSRs that read from scripts seemingly trying to talk more than they really know and I can assure you these set in stone dates are not on the scripts of CSRs.

You guys need to stop making rumors the word of law for DirecTV. Wait till you see an actual press, website or bill insert statement.

Heck, even in their offically released outlook is says they PLAN to have 76% of DMAs up by the end of '06; it never says THEY WILL be done; just the plan. It never states dates, or cities by date.

Sit back and relax for the offical word from DirecTV instead of getting all in a wad based on what of few knuckleheads think or guess..

Last edited:
The bottom line is anyone with common sense can see their projections are not going to be met unless they start rolling out a lot faster than they have.

charper1 said:
Those were never OFFICIALLY stated facts by a DirecTV release either, just another possibility or best guess thrown around the boards and conjecture by goofy CSRs that read from scripts seemingly trying to talk more than they really know and I can assure you these set in stone dates are not on the scripts of CSRs.

There was a official press release stating that they were going to begin in April, and the 24 markets would receive the HD locals in Spring 06. They just never stated the offical dates for the roll out of each city.

charper1 said:
Heck, even in their offically released outlook is says they PLAN to have 76% of DMAs up by the end of '06; it never says THEY WILL be done; just the plan. It never states dates, or cities by date.

Their plan never stated that they would have 76% of the DMA's active by the end of '06. They stated that they would have 76% of the households active by the end of '06. With the 36 markets that are active and planed for spring that already takes them up to 58%.

JAG72 said:
There was a official press release stating that they were going to begin in April, and the 24 markets would receive the HD locals in Spring 06. They just never stated the offical dates for the roll out of each city.
And today is?

heir plan never stated that they would have 76% of the DMA's active by the end of '06. They stated that they would have 76% of the households active by the end of '06. With the 36 markets that are active and planed for spring that already takes them up to 58%.

OK better wording of what I was trying to relay; TY.

charper1 said:

You guys need to stop making rumors the word of law for DirecTV. Wait till you see an actual press, website or bill insert statement.

Sit back and relax for the offical word from DirecTV instead of getting all in a wad based on what of few knuckleheads think or guess..

but what if those knuckleheads are the CSRs at D* telling us this info

Very 1st line

"Those were never OFFICIALLY stated facts by a DirecTV release either, just another possibility or best guess thrown around the boards and conjecture by goofy CSRs that read from scripts seemingly trying to talk more than they really know and I can assure you these set in stone dates are not on the scripts of CSRs.

charper1 said:
And today is?

As posted in a earlier, I stated that D* has until mid June to get these rolled out to hold to their spring '06 time frame.

charper1 said:

You must be an angry drunk. Whats your beef? Its been said in other threads and take your own advice, take a drink of whiskey and relax. You seem hell bent on pointing out there wasnt an official press release. We got it. Slainte.

Last edited:
The "rumor" I've heard is they aren't going to roll out any more markets until they fix the issues that came out in the first 12.

Brewer4 said:
You must be an angry drunk. Whats your beef? Its been said in other threads and take your own advice, take a drink of whiskey and relax. You seem hell bent on pointing out there wasnt an official press release. We got it. Slainte.

are you inferring that he drinks to excess??:eek: LOL

dragon002 said:
are you inferring that he drinks to excess??:eek: LOL

Not at all. But his avatar suggest he likes Whiskey. I was just busting him on his comments. Its a Northern Irish thing. We are very sarcastic and combative. Some take the drink and it intensifies that. I am a happy drinker but love to debate. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)