Columbus, OH HD locals apparently delayed (surprise)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
They "HOLD up" is D* and the station managers of EACH AND EVERY station in EACH AND EVERY market have to agree on the cost and terms of the roll out. D* is ready to do it today, It is YOUR local stations that are keeping you from watching the programing. Put the blame where it belongs, In the lap of the local station manager!!!

Ya know, Big companies by their nature move slow. There is a lot of negotiating and it's in their best intereset to get the work done as quickly as possible. Just relax. No one's life is hanging in the balance. No one has broken a promise.
Relax, It's just television.

Hey FJ, I have been meaning to ask (and may have before) what screen make & model do you use with your Pany? I have a buddy about to go to FPTV as well and he has seen my setup but as a good shopper is looking at other selections.

I have the Da-Lite I think it's Model B.106 inch diameter. Wasn't that expensive but a buddy of mine had it and it looked great. Also didn't want to get a fixed position one since it was my first time in projector world. Damn I love this thing!
I mean I really love it, like I'm gonna go give it a kiss right now. Because my PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES are on ESPN HD tonight vs the Cards, does not get better than this!

Not sure if you can see the signatures anymore (I think they can be blocked) but I also have the DaLite 119" High Contrast with a built-in tensioner. I love mine too. My buddy found a place with a great bundle deal for the projector he wants, but the screen is a GreyWolf; any thoughts on that screen?

Not a clue. I looked at a couple of projectors when I decided on mine and I have to tell ya I thought the difference between a 200 dollar screen and a 1000 dollar screen was so minimal or actually non-existant so I decided the money would go better towards replacement bulbs. Yes replacement bulbs, the dreaded downer of projectors.

Oh, and if anyone is getting nervous...just to keep you all up to dat, in the last 45 minutes we still do not have HD Locals up.

dragon002 said:
why do you keep implying that charper has a drinking problem??
Do you know of anyone else who has a set of Mr. Noe's Small Batch bourbons as their avatar?

BTW, Basil's is my favorite followed by Knob Creek. The Baker's and Booker's are too much like firewater.:eek:

I lean more towards Irish Whiskey but can appreciate a good Bourbon or Rye Whiskey. Just picked up Old Potrero made by the guys that do Anchor Steam beer. Its 100% rye and only aged 2 years. I am still not sure what to make of it. Its a very interesting flavor much different than bourbon, irish or scotch. I will have to take another sip and get back to you. Hmmm, let me try another one.

This whent from columbus, oh locals being delayed, to a pissy fit back and forth about official/confermed dates, to calling one another drunks/or needing to calm down, to blaming the local stations for the hold up, to now discussing the finer ways of burbon and all. Did i miss anything, figured a clif notes of the whole 5-6 pages of posts were needed for the rest of us.

btw brewer4 Erin Go Bragh!!!!! my irish brother!....uh oh now i used those darn ! points, maybe i need a time out? lol

RIRWIN1983 said:
This whent from columbus, oh locals being delayed, to a pissy fit back and forth about official/confermed dates, to calling one another drunks/or needing to calm down, to blaming the local stations for the hold up, to now discussing the finer ways of burbon and all. Did i miss anything, figured a clif notes of the whole 5-6 pages of posts were needed for the rest of us.

btw brewer4 Erin Go Bragh!!!!! my irish brother!....uh oh now i used those darn ! points, maybe i need a time out? lol

Good summary. I figured to lighten it up a bit since folks were taking it way to personally. Watch out for your exclamation marks, I might have to slag you without you realizing it as well.

I've said it before, I blame D* for threads that go off topic. If things actually got delivered, then we wouldnt be pissing back and forth over who said what, when was that, source please.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hey, if you are lucky enough to have WOW! in your area, I would deffinately go with them. I mean they are the top rated Cable/Satellite Company in America according to JD Power.

~Josh

People are suffering from PME- Pre Mature Expectations.

WOW is awful, if you have a good OTA antenna you can easily get at least 2 additional HD stations (PBS and UPN) with the possibility of 3 additional stations than DirecTV will carry.

ok im gonna put an end to this, dont need to start a new pissing match for wow! v.s cable i've only experience one cable company in my life (Insight) and their hd was dismal at best. if wow carried everything d or e has with the digital quality, maybe i would consider them, but im sorry im not giving up a few hd channels for sratz hd and well thats it. they dont even have sho hd or espn2 hd. in due time i know d will have starz hd.

please return back to the original topic of this post. is all i request.

With the sale of NBC4 being announced, I wonder how that will affect D* carring their signal. Will they still need to go by the current NBC contracts or will they have to create all new carriage agreements?

I also can see the loss of the NY NBC HD station in the near future.

herdfan said:
Do you know of anyone else who has a set of Mr. Noe's Small Batch bourbons as their avatar?

BTW, Basil's is my favorite followed by Knob Creek. The Baker's and Booker's are too much like firewater.:eek:

I attended a bourbon tasting with Booker Noe (may he rest in peace) a few years back. I dig the Booker's!!! However, I still can be quite happy with good old Jim Beam, but mostly beer in the form of anything from Bell's Brewery.

Oh, to be on topic....we have HD locals here in Detroit. I still use an antenna and the 3LNB instead of the AT9 (for a few more months).

Proc said:
However, I still can be quite happy with good old Jim Beam.
Have you ever tried Jim Beam Black? A buddy who actually works for Beam says it is almost the same as Knob Creek.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts