Columbus, OH HD locals apparently delayed (surprise)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
RIRWIN1983 said:
im not gettinng anything, i've reset my reciever twice and nothing!

What is you zip code? Type it in the tool and see if it shows HD locals. When I tested out Nashville & KC last night, many outlying area zips said no and those just in and around the city proper where yes.

buckeyes24 said:
Do you know what channels on Directv? Thanks
They're the same as their channel assignments... for example, channel 3 would still be on 3. However, the satellite delivered HD locals will have their call letters in the listing while the SD version will just have the channel number and the two letter market designation (probably something like CO or CU for Columbus.)

Newshawk said:
They're the same as their channel assignments... for example, channel 3 would still be on 3. However, the satellite delivered HD locals will have their call letters in the listing while the SD version will just have the channel number and the two letter market designation (probably something like CO or CU for Columbus.)

thats not true, both are displaying as co4 for both the hd and sd feeds fo the nbc feed, co6 for both hd and sd feeds for the abc feed, co28 for both hd and sd for the fox feed.

charper1 said:
What is you zip code? Type it in the tool and see if it shows HD locals. When I tested out Nashville & KC last night, many outlying area zips said no and those just in and around the city proper where yes.

its working now, but they are listing the numbers the same as the sd feed, would thought it would be ch-1 or somethng like it was ota

charper1 said:
the HD LIL from DBS will only be the main broadcasts of the 4 major networks; no sub-channels.

Thanks, another reason not to "upgrade". Weather plus is referred to often in our house and The Tube is great. Only music videos from "back in the day" with DD. Reminds me of when MTV started, music videos but without the annoying VJ's.

I will be upgrading when the SlimLine comes out simply because I think it looks better with all the LNBs in one housing. Even if the big 4 are only retransmitted I will still upgrade to get the free hardware. I can still get all my OTA HD and sub-channels and also when new MPEG4 HD other than LIL hits I will be ready and not be risking any freebie promo be concluded thus being forced to BUY something.

Digital Dude said:
Thanks, another reason not to "upgrade". Weather plus is referred to often in our house and The Tube is great. Only music videos from "back in the day" with DD. Reminds me of when MTV started, music videos but without the annoying VJ's.
Just upgraded yesterday. No on both just the main ch with no Weather Plus or Tube (your right the tube rocks!). Looking at PQ on the CAVS game I couldn't tell a different between OTA and D* HD ch so far.

robbiee19 said:
Just upgraded yesterday. No on both just the main ch with no Weather Plus or Tube (your right the tube rocks!). Looking at PQ on the CAVS game I couldn't tell a different between OTA and D* HD ch so far.

Good deal on the quality check. My brother gets the Tube in Cincinnati and it does rock. We dont get it here in Connecticut. :mad: We do get the Weather Plus but thats about it for split channels.

the weather plus isent something that important, on d11's you can get the weather from the active button. upgrading was more tramatic for my dad when he trned on the weather channel and wasent getting his local weather. it would of be nice edventually if they added the nbs weather plus (since every nbc station seems to push it alot) but if its a matter of having great pq on nbs w/o it it, then bye bye weather plus

Brewer4 said:
Good deal on the quality check. My brother gets the Tube in Cincinnati and it does rock. We dont get it here in Connecticut. :mad: We do get the Weather Plus but thats about it for split channels.

have no idea what "the tube" is and i had hd lil ota

RIRWIN1983 said:
the weather plus isent something that important, on d11's you can get the weather from the active button. upgrading was more tramatic for my dad when he trned on the weather channel and wasent getting his local weather. it would of be nice edventually if they added the nbs weather plus (since every nbc station seems to push it alot) but if its a matter of having great pq on nbs w/o it it, then bye bye weather plus

Does the weather button on the d11 show local radar and real time tornado data?

Digital Dude said:
Does the weather button on the d11 show local radar and real time tornado data?

weather plus dosent either, thats why you sould invest in a weather radio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)