Combine dish pro twin and superdish?

atvman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
I have more rain fade with my superdish 121. I put my dish 500 back on the side of the house and can improve the signal for 110 and 119 by 20 . Can a dish pro twin that only needs 1 wire for both 110 and 119 be combined with the 121 signal only from the superdish with a dp 34 switch . I heard something about a dish pro dual were that the 2 wires have 110 and 119 separated. Is this a legacy lnb? On ebay some people seem to talk as if the dish pro twin and dual are the same thing. Any guidance would be helpful.

When Dish500's first came out they were duals (two single or dual lnbf's). The single lnbf's would have one sw-21 switch for one receiver or two dual sw-21 switches for two receivers. Later on they came out with twins where the switches were built in. This means that they all had an output to two receivers. With DishPro Dish500's the only thing that they would have came with would be DishPro twin lnbf's.

Perhaps when dual is now mentioned it means a single slot lnbf with an output to two receivers. The single slot dishes may primarily be used at 61.5 or 148 with a DP21 switch connected to a DP Dish500. The DPP Dish 500 twins will have a third connection to connect an additional satellite to it without the need of an external DP34 switch.

combine dp twin and 121?

Can 1 wire from the from the dp twin (110 AND 119) be fed to the dp34 switch and 1 wire from 121 lnb

you betcha!

As long as your Dish500 is Dish Pro, you will be OK. If you don;t know, the front of the LNB will have a big "Dish Pro" logo on it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)